Ella Fitzgerald The Sings the Rodgers and Hart Song Book
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
by Ella Fitzgerald ~ Sings the Johnny Mercer Song Book $15.59
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Polygram Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Have You Met Miss Jones
- $0.99 on iTunes2.You Took Advantage of Me
- $0.99 on iTunes3.A Ship Without a Sail
- $0.99 on iTunes4.This Can't Be Love
- $1.29 on iTunes5.The Lady Is a Tramp
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Manhattan
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Johnny One Note
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I Wish I Were in Love Again
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Spring Is Here
- $0.99 on iTunes10.It Never Entered My Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Where or When
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Little Girl Blue
- $0.99 on iTunes13.I've Got Five Dollars - (mono)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Dancing on the Ceiling - (mono)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Blue Room, The - (mono)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.To Keep My Love Alive - (mono)
- $0.99 on iTunes17.With a Song in My Heart - (mono)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Buddy Bregman (conductor).
Producer: Norman Granz.
Reissue producer: Richard Seidel.
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California from August 27-31, 1956. Includes liner notes by Deena Rosenberg.
Digitally remastered by Dennis Drake (Polygram Studios).
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Paul Smith (piano); Barney Kessel (guitar); Joe Mondragon (bass); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Buddy Bregman's Orchestra includes: Buddy Bregman (conductor); Bud Shank (soprano & alto saxophones, flugelhorn, clarinet), Willie Schwartz (soprano & alto saxophones, clarinet); Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone, clarinet, English horn, oboe); Ted Nash (soprano & tenor saxophones, flugelhorn, clarinet); Chuck Gentry (baritone saxophone, baritone clarinet); Maurice Stein (alto saxophone); Pete Candoli, Maynard Ferguson, Conrad Gozzo, Ray Linn (trumpet); Milt Bernhart (trombone); George Roberts (bass trombone); Vincent DeRosa (french horn); Paul Smith (cello, piano); Robert La Marchina, Edgar Lustgarten (cello); Barney Kessel (guitar); Joe Mondragon (bass); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Recorded in 1956. Includes liner notes by Art Hilgart, William Simon; and original liner notes by Richard Rodgers, Oscar Hammerstein II.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 20-bit technology.
Volume One of the RODGERS AND HART SONGBOOK was one of Ella Fitzgerald's most artistically and commercially successful albums, so obviously a sequel was called for. You'd be forgiven for expecting lukewarm leftovers, but given the range and depth of Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart's catalogue, it's not entirely surprising that THE RODGERS AND HART SONGBOOK VOLUME TWO is even better than the original.
Opening with the little-known but wonderfully sly New York love song "Give It Back To The Indians," VOLUME TWO sprints through 16 other Rodgers and Hart classics in just over 56 minutes, including their early gems "There's a Small Hotel" and "Mountain Greenery," an exquisite "Blue Moon," and one of the very best of the seemingly hundreds of versions of the standard "My Funny Valentine." This is a remarkable tribute to one of pop music's greatest songwriting teams.
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE