Ella Fitzgerald Clap Hands Here Comes Charlie
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.27 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.72 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 30, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Polygram Records
- 1.Night In Tunisia
- 2.You're My Thrill
- 3.My Reverie
- 4.Stella By Starlight
- 5.'Round Midnight
- 6.Jersey Bounce
- 7.Signing Off
- 8.Cry Me A River
- 9.This Year's Kisses
- 10.Good Morning Heartache
- 11.Born To Be Blue, (I Was)
- 12.Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie!
- 13.Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most
- 14.Music Goes 'Round And Around
- 15.One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else, The - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 16.I Got A Guy - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 17.This Could Be The Start Of Something Big - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Lou Levy (piano); Herb Ellis (guitar);
Joe Mondragon (bass); Stan Levey (drums)
Recorded in Los Angeles, California on June 22-23, 1961. Includes orginal liner notes by Benny Green and and reissue liner notes by Will Friedwald.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Herb Ellis (guitar); Lou Levy (piano); Gus Johnson , Stan Levey (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Dennis Drake.
Liner Note Authors: Benny Green ; Will Friedwald.
Recording information: Los Angeles, CA (06/22/1961-06/23/1961); New York, NY (06/22/1961-06/23/1961).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Seth Rothstein; Richard Seidel.
Many of the Ella Fitzgerald CDs in print are compilations and recently discovered live recordings, which makes this reissue with bonus tracks of a 1961 album that much more interesting. Produced by Norman Granz, this is a small-combo session with occasional and unobtrusive strings. Though Fitzgerald got her start as a big-band singer, smaller and more intimate combos fit her rich, velvety voice better than big brassy arrangements.
Opening with Dizzy Gillespie's classic "Night in Tunisia," which features some outstanding scatting, CLAP HANDS, HERE COMES CHARLIE continues in that bop-oriented vein, with versions of "Stella By Starlight" and Monk's "'Round Midnight." The highest point on the album, though, is a stunning, stripped-down version of "Cry Me a River." The three bonus tracks, recorded during these sessions, are very good, but not revelatory, though the saucy "I Got a Guy" is swinging fun.
Greatest Love Songs: 60 Ultimate Love Classics (3-CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE