- Subtitles: English, Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 10, 2006
- Originally Released: 1943
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 - English
- Mono - Spanish, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Bill Robinson: Mr. Bojangles"
- Audio Commentary: Dr. Todd Boyd - USC Professor
- DADDY LONG LEGS
- CALL ME MADAM
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 01/17/2006
"[T]he quick of eye will be able to spot the legendary jazz musicians Benny Carter, Illinois Jacquet and Coleman Hawkins among the band members..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
In this upbeat tale of music and romance, Bill "Bojangles" Robinson relives his show business career through performances by the hottest black musical stars of the period. Legendary for his "staircase tap" with Shirley Temple, Robinson's story is told by the biggest names, with the songs they made into million-sellers, and the dancers who took your breath away. It's also the love story of Bill's lifelong passion for a beautiful singer, played by Lena Horne, and how they touched each other's lives. Jam-packed with more than 20 musical numbers, Stormy Weather also features Fats Waller, Ada Brown, Cab Calloway, the Katherine Dunham Dance Troupe, and the Nicholas Brothers.
A husband and wife team are struggling to make it in show business, she singing and he tap dancing. Fats Waller sings "Ain't Misbehavin'" and Lena sings the title tune.
This musical extravaganza is one of the best all-black cast film ever made and stars a coruncopia of Hollywood's finest.