Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Song Book [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$29.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.14 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: June 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Polygram Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.All Through The Night
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Anything Goes
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Miss Otis Regrets
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Too Darn Hot
- $0.99 on iTunes5.In The Still Of The Night
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I Get A Kick Out Of You
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Do I Love You?
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I'm Always True To You In My Fashion
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Just One Of Those Things
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
- $0.99 on iTunes12.All Of You
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Begin The Beguine
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Get Out Of Town
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I Am In Love
- $0.99 on iTunes16.From This Moment On
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.I Love Paris
- $1.29 on iTunes2.You Do Something To Me
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Ridin' High
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Easy To Love
- $1.29 on iTunes5.It's All Right With Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Why Can't You Behave?
- $1.29 on iTunes7.What Is This Thing Called Love?
- $0.99 on iTunes8.You're The Top
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Love For Sale
- $0.99 on iTunes10.It's De-Lovely
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Night And Day
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Ace In The Hole
- $0.99 on iTunes13.So In Love
- $1.29 on iTunes14.I've Got You Under My Skin
- $0.99 on iTunes15.I Concentrate On You
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Don't Fence Me In
- $0.99 on iTunes17.You're The Top - (previously unreleased, alternate take, CD only)
- $0.99 on iTunes18.I Concentrate On You - (previously unreleased, alternate take, CD only)
- 19.Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love) - (previously unreleased, alternate take, CD only)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Buddy Bregaman (arranger, conductor).
Producer: Norman Granz.
Reissue producer: Richard Seidel.
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Los Angeles, California in February 1956. Includes liner notes by Robert Kimball.
Digitally remastered by Dennis Drake (PolyGram Studios).
Personnel includes: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Buddy Bregman (conductor); Bud Shank (alto saxophone, flute, clarinet); Herb Geller (alto saxophone, clarinet); Ted Nash (tenor saxophone, flute, clarinet); Bob Cooper (tenor saxophone, clarinet, oboe); Chuck Gentry (baritone saxophone, bass clarinet); Pete Candoli, Harry "Sweets" Edison, Maynard Ferguson, Conrad Gozzo (trumpet); Milt Bernhart, Joe Howard, Lloyd Ulyate (trombone); George Roberts (bass trombone); Robert La Marchina, Edgar Lustgarten (cello); Corky Hale (harp); Paul Smith (piano, celeste); Barney Kessel (guitar); Joe Mondragon (bass); Alvin Stoller (drums).
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California on February 7-9 and March 27, 1956. Includes original release liner notes by Don Freeman, Fred Lounsberry and Norman Granz and liner notes by Neil Tesser.
Personnel: Ella Fitzgerald (vocals); Cole Porter, Eileen Farrell , Eileen Rodgers, Ethel Merman, Ethel Waters, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly , Jeri Southern, Judy Garland, Lee Wiley, Lena Horne, Lisa Kirk, Mabel Mercer, Marilyn Martin, Marlene Dietrich, Peggy Lee , Benny Goodman, Billie Holiday, Bing Crosby, Bobby Short (vocals); Barney Kessel (guitar); Corky Hale (harp); Robert LaMarchina, Edgar Lustgarten (cello); Bud Shank (flute, clarinet, alto saxophone); Ted Nash (flute, clarinet, tenor saxophone); Bob Cooper (clarinet, oboe, tenor saxophone); Herb Geller (clarinet, alto saxophone); Chuck Gentry (bass clarinet, baritone saxophone); Conrad Gozzo , Harry "Sweets" Edison , Maynard Ferguson, Pete Candoli (trumpet); Milt Bernhart, Joe Howard, Lloyd Ulyate (trombone); George Roberts (bass trombone); Paul Smith (piano, celesta); Alvin Stoller (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Authors: Norman Granz; Don Freeman; Fred Lounsberry; Robert Kimball; Neil Tesser.
Recording information: 02/07/1956-03/27/1956.
Photographers: Phil Stern; Carole Reiff.
Arrangers: Artie Shaw; Buddy Bregman.
Ella Fitzgerald had the ability to personalize some of the most recognizable material from the foremost songwriters in American popular music history. In this instance, the combination of Cole Porter's words and Fitzgerald's interpretation of them created one of the most sought after sessions in vocal history -- embraced by jazz and pop fans alike, transcending boundaries often associated with those genres. Originally released in 1956 on the Verve label, such standards as "Night and Day," "I Love Paris," "What Is This Thing Called Love," "I've Got You Under My Skin," "You're the Top," and "Love for Sale" secured one of Ella Fitzgerald's crowning moments. The success of these early Porter (and previous Gershwin) sessions brought about numerous interpretations of other songbooks throughout the next several years including those of Rodgers and Hart, Duke Ellington, Johnny Mercer, Harold Arlen, and Irving Berlin. ~ Al Campbell
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 46 ratings.
Based on 46 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$2.98 on SALE
At Home With The Barry Sisters / Side By Side (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Danny & The Juniors Greatest Hits (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE