Firehouse Five Plus Two The Firehouse Five Plus Two Story (2-CD)
Only 9 copies left
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Firehouse Five Plus Two ~ 16 Dixieland Favorites ~ $9.88
- by Firehouse Five Plus Two ~ At Disneyland (Live) ~ $17.08
- by Firehouse Five Plus Two ~ The Firehouse Five Plus Two Crashes a Party ~ $13.48
- by Firehouse Five Plus Two ~ The Firehouse Five Plus Two Goes to Sea ~ $17.08
- by Firehouse Five Plus Two ~ Settin' the World on Fire: The Whole Story, Volume 1 ~ $16.04
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: December 6, 1991
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Good Time Jazz
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Firehouse Stomp
- 2.Everybody Loves My Baby
- 3.Pagan Love Song
- 5.Fireman's Lament
- 6.Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me
- 7.Yes Sir! That's My Baby
- 8.Red Hot River Valley
- 9.Riverside Blues
- 10.Brass Bell
- 11.The World Is Waiting For the Sunrise
- 12.Tiger Rag
- 13.Frankie and Johnny
- 14.Sweet Georgia Brown
- 15.Sobbin' Blues
- 16.Just a Stomp at Twilight
- 17.Down Where the Sun Goes Down
- 18.St. Louis Blues
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.12th Street Rag
- 3.Wabash Blues
- 4.Firechief Rag
- 5.Lonesome Mama Blues
- 6.Who Walks in When I Walk Out
- 7.Chinatown, My Chinatown
- 9.Lonesome Railroad Blues
- 10.Show Me the Way to the Fire
- 11.Lovin' Sam
- 12.When You Wore a Tulip
- 13.Five Foot Two
- 14.San Antonio Rose
- 15.Southern Comfort
- 16.I've Been Floating Down the Old Green River
- 17.Mississippi Rag
- 18.Runnin' Wild
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Firehouse Five Plus Two: Danny Alguire (trumpet); Ward Kimball (trombone, vocals, sound effects); Ed Penner (tuba, bass saxophone); John Lucas, Clarke Mallery, Tom Sharpsteen, George Probert (clarinet); Frank Thomas (piano, celeste); Harper Goff, Dick Roberts (banjo); Jim MacDonald, Monte Mountjoy, Jerry Hamm (drums).
Producers: Lester Koenig, Robert D. Kirstein and Neshuhi Ertegun.
Engineers: Lowell Frank, Val Valentin, Roy DuNann, Seth Perkins, John Palladino.
Recorded between 1949 and 1954. Originally released on Good Time Jazz as 3 titles "The Firehouse Five Plus Two Story" Vol. 1 (12010), Vol. 2 (12011), and Vol. 3 (12012). Includes original release liner notes by Lester Koenig.
Digitally remastered by Gary Hobish (1991, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
This double CD reissues the first three LPs by the Firehouse Five Plus Two, a very popular Dixieland group in the 1950s. In addition to trombonist Ward Kimball (who occasionally lets loose on a siren), the main soloists are generally trumpeter Danny Alguire and either Clarke Mallery, Tom Sharpsteen, or George Probert on clarinet. The spirited jamming mixes together standards, a few obscurities, and an occasional original (including "Firehouse Stomp," "Fireman's Lament," and "Firechief Rag"). Although not exactly innovative, the music is quite fun and easily recommended to Dixieland fans. ~ Scott Yanow
Stoking the Fire - The Whole Story, Volume 2 (2-CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Settin' the World on Fire: The Whole Story, Volume 1 (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE