Bill Evans You Must Believe in Spring [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Rhino
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/04, p.1104 stars out of 5 - " The overall mood - wistful, elegiac and haunting - is certainly part of the album's enduring appeal."
- 1.B Minor Waltz (For Ellaine)
- 2.You Must Believe in Spring
- 3.Gary's Theme
- 4.We Will Meet Again (For Harry)
- 5.The Peacocks
- 6.Sometime Ago
- 7.Theme from M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless) - (aka Suicide Is Painless)
- 8.Without a Song - (previously unreleased)
- 9.Freddie Freeloader - (previously unreleased)
- 10.All of You - (previously unreleased)
Personnel: Bill Evans (piano, electric piano); Eddie Gomez (bass); Eliot Zigmund (drums).
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California on August 23-25, 1977. Originally released on Warner (3504). Includes liner notes by Richard Seidel and Francis Davis.
Personnel: Bill Evans (piano, electric piano); Eliot Zigmund (drums).
Audio Mixer: Jeff Magid.
Audio Remixers: Frank Laico; Al Schmitt.
Liner Note Authors: Francis Davis; Richard Seidel.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (08/23/1977-08/25/1977).
Editor: Frank Laico.
Photographers: Scotti Lyons; Phil Bray.
Unknown Contributor Role: Bill Zavatsky.
Pianist Bill Evans's first album for Warner Brothers (after more than five years with Fantasy Records) features a title track by Michel Legrand, a French musician and songwriter who influenced Evans with his use of strong melody and sentiment. Evans turns both to his advantage on YOU MUST BELIEVE IN SPRING, managing as usual to avoid all but the merest hint of sentimentality. Evans's original songs, "We Will Meet Again," and "B Minor Waltz," are both subtly influenced by Legrand's ease with melody, and on both tracks Evans comes close to perfecting his ability to connect instantly with his listener. Included as well is an unusually sedate version of a perennial Evans favorite, the theme from M*A*S*H, which he often included in live performances. This final recording with long-time collaborator, bassist Eddie Gomez, was released in 1981, a year after Evans's death.
Bill EvansThe Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 (3-CD Set)
$25.50 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Young-Holt Unlimited / Slide Hampton Oh Girl / Somethin' Sanctified (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Billie Holiday Fine And Mellow - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE