- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 5, 2004
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Turner Home Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An updated remake of this 1945 classic, about a single woman who passes herself off as a housewife in the column she writes for a newspaper, when her unknowing editor invites himself and his friend to her fictitious home for Christmas dinner.
Description by Warner Home Video:
Elizabeth is the star of a successful cooking show and author of several cookbooks. But when her manager, Alexander sees forest ranger Jefferson, who lost his cabin in a fire, comment on TV about wishing he could get a home-cooked Christmas dinner, he arranges for a special live show on Christmas, for Elizabeth to cook him Christmas Dinner. Only Elizabeth can't cook, and trying to keep Jefferson and the viewing public from finding out on a live show may be a little difficult.
Elizabeth Blane's cooking show could use some spicing up -- as the falling ratings indicate. So her producer suggests that Elizabeth host a live program from her Connecticut home. But the telecast will be a sham in a number of ways: the house will be rented, her "family" will be portrayed by friends and co-workers -- and Elizabeth can't even cook! Thrown into the mix is forest ranger Jefferson Jones, who was recently hailed for saving a kid's life, and will be a "houseguest" on the program.
Will all of these ingredients make for a successful telecast' Or a recipe for disaster'
- Aired originally on TNT April 13, 1992.
- Directorial debut of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Shot on location in Pasadena, Big Bear and several South California areas by Once Upon a Time Films.
- Additional cast: Vivian Bonnell; David Arnott; Toni Attell; Jenee Bandler; Bob Braun; Judy Forrester; Wendle Josepher; Peter H. Kent; Robert Machray; Michael Potter; George Putnam and Mary Watson.