- Released: July 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony Special Product
- 1.It's No Crime - (IJ Extended mix)
- 2.For The Cool In You - (Chicago House Club Vocal mix)
- 3.My Kinda Girl - (Scratch mix)
- 4.Whip Appeal - (The Ultimate Whip)
- 5.Tender Lover - (The Long mix)
- 6.Every Time I Close My Eyes - (Timbaland remix)
- 7.How Come, How Long - (Laws & Craigie remix, featuring Stevie Wonder)
- 8.Rock Bottom - (CJ Deep Club mix)
- 9.This Is For The Lover In You - (Puffy's Face To Face mix, featuring Ghostface Killah)
- 10.When Can I See You - (Extended Club mix)
Audio Remixers: Tim Laws; Jon Gass; L.A. Reid; Roland Clark; Sean "Puffy" Combs; Babyface; Timbaland.
The Other Side of Cool compiles remixes scattered across Babyface's solo career. Since most of these tracks were previously available only on 12" releases and CD5s, it's bound to make plenty of Babyface's fans happy. Released in 2005 as part of Sony BMG's low-key budget/midline series, you'd have to be pretty attentive to know about it; it's somewhat surprising that it wasn't given more attention. Then again, it would've been more timely to release something like it during the first half of the '90s, the years when most of these tracks were originally released. Most of the selections hold up well, despite being tied to the club trends of the time. Highlights include the "Chicago House Club Vocal Mix" of "This Is for the Cool in You," the Timbaland remix of "Every Time I Close My Eyes," and the "Scratch Mix" of "My Kinda Girl" (provided you wish the new jack swing era never ended). ~ Andy Kellman
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 23,046
- UPC: 079899299826
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item