Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$9 (60% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Jimmy McGriff ~ Blues Groove ~ $10.78
- by Hank Crawford ~ Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing (CTI Records 40th Anniversary Edition) ~ $8.09
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: January 25, 1993
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Milestone
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Hank Crawford (alto saxophone); Lou Marini (tenor saxophone); Howard Johnson (baritone saxophone); Lew Soloff, Alan Rubin (trumpet); George Caldwell (strings); Stan Hope, Dr. John (piano); Gloria Coleman (organ); Melvin Sparks (guitar); Peter Martin Weiss, Wilbur Bascomb (bass); Grady Tate, Bernard Purdie (drums).
Principally recorded at Nola Sound Studios, New York, New York on August 11 & 27, 1992 and at Giant Studios, New York, New York in February 1990. Includes liner notes by David Ritz.
Personnel: Hank Crawford (alto saxophone); Melvin Sparks (guitar); Lou Marini (tenor saxophone); Howard Johnson (baritone saxophone, tuba); Alan Rubin (trumpet); Dr. John, Stan Hope (piano); Gloria Coleman (organ); Grady Tate, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (drums).
Liner Note Author: David Ritz.
Recording information: Giant Studios, New York, NY (08/11/1992-09/08/1992); Malcalm Addey's Studio, New York, NY (08/11/1992-09/08/1992); Nola Sound Studios, New York, NY (08/11/1992-09/08/1992).
Photographer: Frank Lindner.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Gloria Coleman; George Caldwell; Lew Soloff; Peter Weiss; Stan Hope; Wilbur Bascomb, Jr.
All of the songs on this set except for the closing "Holy Night" (which was left over from a 1990 session) are from 1992. Altoist Hank Crawford is heard at his best on the ballads where he really caresses the melodies, giving them a great deal of soul and heartfelt feeling. Joined by guitarist Melvin Sparks, pianist Stan Hope, bassist Peter Martin Weiss and drummer Grady Tate (with an occasional hint of strings), Crawford digs into such songs as "I Should Care," "I Want To Talk About You," and "Fool That I Am," finding time to swing "In A Mellotone" and "Splanky." His alto playing is at its most vocal throughout this passionate yet tasteful set, which will be easily enjoyed by his many fans. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 39,650
- UPC: 025218920124
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Mozart: The Beneficient Dervish / The Impresario (CD)(4)
$5.98 on SALE
Jazz Instrument: Saxophone Music Categories:
- Mindi Abair Come as You Are (CD) ~ $17.08
Bop City: Live at Birdland (CD)
$11.18 Super Savings
New Beginnings (CD)
$9.05 Super Savings
Sax For Stax (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
- Harry Allen Hits by Brits (CD) ~ $16.86
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Diane Schuur Collection (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Joe "Fingers" Carr The Riotous, Raucous, Red-Hot 20s / Together For The Last Time... (With Ira Ironstrings) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Americans in Europe (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE