Eye of the Beholder
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- All "ZSM" coded CDs are in new and never-played condition. Most are sealed. However, product may have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, or worn or missing OUTER wrap.
- Released: May 16, 1988
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Grp Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Home Universe
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Eternal Child
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Forgotten Past
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Passage
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Cascade (Part I)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Cascade (Part II)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Trance Dance
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Eye Of The Beholder
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Ezinda - (bonus track)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Amnesia - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Chick Corea Elektric Band: Chick Corea (piano, synthesizer); Eric Marienthal (saxophone); Frank Gambale (guitar); John Patitucci (bass); Dave Weckl (drums).
Additional personnel: John Novello (synthesizer).
Recorded at Mad Hatter Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Chick Corea.
Personnel: Chick Corea (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Frank Gambale (guitar); Eric Marienthal (saxophone); John Novello (synthesizer); Dave Weckl (drums).
Audio Mixers: Chick Corea; Bernie Kirsh.
Liner Note Author: Chick Corea.
Recording information: Mad Hatter Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA.
Arranger: Chick Corea.
After a highly impressive debut album and a stylistically simpler sophomore release, the Chick Corea Elektric Band proceeded to produce an album that was musically more advanced than anything they had accomplished before. The result, EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, is arguably the best record the band produced in their seven-year existence. With saxophonist Eric Marienthal and guitarist Frank Gambale on board to enhance the core trio of Corea, Dave Weckl (drums) and John Patitucci (bass), EYE is the perfect balance of the group's stunning technical chops, musical artistry and technological wizardry.
The most obvious difference on this record is the incorporation of more natural, acoustic sounds into the "electric" format. Corea's use of acoustic piano (enhanced by synthesizers), Weckl's natural drum and percussion sounds, Marienthal's sax and even Gambale's use of some acoustic guitar lend a much warmer vibe to EYE than previous efforts. What's more, many compositions, including "Home Universe," "Eternal Child," "Beauty" and "Ezinda" have a very chamber-ensemble feel with many varied textures and dynamics. Finally, the title track is a spectacular Spanish-flavored barnburner in the style of Corea's "Spain" that showcases each member's strengths to the fullest.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 67,319
- UPC: 011105956420
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings