Rosemary Clooney Still on the Road
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 1, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.On The Road Again
- 2.Rules Of The Road
- 3.Corcovado (Quiet Nights)
- 4.How Are Things In Glocca Morra
- 5.Let's Get Away From It All
- 6.Moonlight Mississippi
- 7.Back Home In Indiana
- 8.Ol' Man River
- 9.Take Me Back To Manhattan
- 10.How Deep Is The Ocean
- 11.Road To Morocco - (with Jack Sheldon)
- 12.Still On The Road
- 13.Till We Meet Again
- 14.Let's Eat Home
- 15.Still Crazy After All These Years
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rosemary Clooney, Earl Brown, Jack Sheldon (vocals); Tommy Newsom (tenor saxophone, flute, clarinet); Nino Tempo (tenor saxophone); George Graham (trumpet, flugelhorn); John Oddo (piano); Steve Lukather, Tim May (guitar); Chuck Berghofer (bass); Jeff Hamilton (drums).
Recorded at Group IV Recording Studios, Hollywood, California on November 22 & 23, 1993. Includes liner notes by Nick Clooney.
On this CD, Rosemary Clooney broke away from using a jazz combo with Scott Hamilton and instead is accompanied by a big band mostly arranged and conducted by her musical director, pianist John Oddo. The 15 songs frequently have something to do with being on the road or the significance of particular locations, including such songs as "On the Road Again," "How Are Things in Glocca Morra?," Cole Porter's "Take Me Back to Manhattan," and Dave Frishberg's "Let's Eat Home." Among the highlights are a surprisingly touching version of "(Back Home Again In) Indiana," the witty "Let's Get Away from It All," Willard Robison's obscure "Moonlight Mississippi," and a delightful version of "Road to Morocco," on which Clooney sings with Jack Sheldon. Most selections feature one or two solos from the horn section, including the beautiful-toned trombonist Chauncey Welsh; trumpeter Warren Luening; and either Tommy Newsom, Nino Tempo, or Bob Tricarico on tenor. Rosemary Clooney's voice still had 95 percent of its power on this easily recommended set. ~ Scott Yanow
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE