Rosemary Clooney The Rosemary Clooney Show: Songs from the Classic Television Show
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: April 19, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Concord Records
- 2.Botch-A-Me (Ba-Ba Baciami Piccina)
- 3.Mambo Italiano
- 4.Moonlight in Vermont
- 5.My Blue Heaven
- 6.How About You?
- 7.I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
- 8.There Will Never Be Another You
- 9.Lullaby of Broadway
- 10.I Can't Believe That You're in Love With Me
- 11.A Foggy Day
- 12.You Make Me Feel So Young
- 13.Chicago, That Toddlin' Town
- 15.Just You, Just Me
- 16.I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
- 17.Too Marvelous for Words
- 18.This Ole House
- 19.They Can't Take That Away from Me
- 20.Taking a Chance on Love
- 21.Blues in the Night
- 22.Come On-A My House
- 23.Hey There
- 24.Lazy River
- 25.I'll Be Seeing You
- 26.Haven't Got a Worry
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Nelson Riddle (arranger); The Hi-Los.
Compilation producer: Michael Feinstein.
Recorded in 1956. Includes liner notes by Rosemary Clooney.
Personnel: The Hi-Lo's (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Michael Feinstein.
Recording information: 1956.
Arrangers: Nelson Riddle; Paul Weston.
Long after their favorite singers have passed, vocal fans still have many avenues to hear new (to them) recordings from the peak era of vocal jazz. Alternate takes aside, radio transcriptions and broadcast programs are the two usually plundered for reissue. While most are hastily packaged and terribly mastered, the best of them occur in settings that are artistically advanced compared to the artist's usual studio sides. (Vocalists, like all other musicians, used opportunities like these to experiment and play around with ideas that would only later become fully fledged releases.) The Rosemary Clooney Show, a compilation from Concord, is one of the most valuable releases on an underrated artist that's ever been seen. It features 26 recordings from 1956, when Clooney's TV program -- basically self-produced -- featured the singer backed by Nelson Riddle, the prime arranger/conductor of the era, and the Hi-Lo's, the best vocal chorus in action. (Due to frequent label conflicts, Riddle and Clooney recorded together elsewhere much less frequently.) Michael Feinstein, the disc's producer, found the tapes in Clooney's home, played them for her well before her death, and earned her approval for a release -- which dismisses the lingering suspicion that these performances wouldn't have appeared during her lifetime. The music is sparkling and betrays no elements of its catch-all sources; in fact, most of these songs were recorded well before broadcast. Except for the brevity of most of these selections, these could easily have been released as a studio LP. Rarely allowed to record what she wished at Columbia, Clooney stretched out on her television show and appealed to older audiences with the standards she loved to sing; here, after getting a pair of novelties out of the way, she sprints joyously through two dozen standards. Among the highlights are a modernist version of "How About You" recorded with Bob Morse and the Hi-Lo's, and the balladry of "Moonlight in Vermont" and "A Foggy Day." Imagine if two of Clooney's finest LPs were shelved immediately after recording ended and only released 50 years after the fact; that's the impact of The Rosemary Clooney Show on her artistic legacy. ~ John Bush
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$7.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE