Rosemary Clooney Do You Miss New York?
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: November 1, 1992
- Label: Concord Records
Entertainment Weekly - 3/12/93, p.63"...With jazzmen providing her with dream support, this is as poignant an album as she has yet recorded..." - Rating: A-
- 1.Do You Miss New York?
- 2.Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You
- 3.As Long As I Live
- 4.May I Come In
- 5.Route 66
- 6.Beautiful Friendship, A - (bonus track)
- 7.It's Only A Paper Moon
- 8.I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues
- 9.I Wish You Love
- 10.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- 11.We'll Be Together Again
Personnel: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); John Pizzarelli (vocals, guitar); Scott Hamilton (tenor saxophone); Warren Vache (cornet); John Oddo (piano); Bucky Pizzarelli (guitar); David Finck (bass); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Recorded at Skyline Studios, New York, New York between September 14 & 17, 1992.
Personnel: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); John Pizzarelli, Bucky Pizzarelli (vocals, guitar); Scott Hamilton (tenor saxophone); Warren Vach‚ (cornet); John Oddo (piano); Joe Cocuzzo (drums).
Liner Note Author: James Gavin.
Recording information: Skyline Studios, New York, NY (09/14/1992-09/17/1992).
Unknown Contributor Roles: David Finck; Joe Cocuzzo; John Oddo; John Pizzarelli; Scott Hamilton; Warren Vach‚; Bucky Pizzarelli.
Arrangers: Earl Brown ; John Oddo.
As is usual for Rosemary Clooney's very consistent string of Concord albums, this is a jazz-oriented set with the highly appealing singer interpreting veteran standards from the '30s and '40s plus a couple of newer songs (Dave Frishberg's "Do You Miss New York?" and "I Wish You Love"). Using a fine sextet with her favorite horn players (tenor man Scott Hamilton and cornetist Warren Vach‚) plus her musical director/pianist John Oddo and guitarist Buck Pizzarelli, Clooney is heard in top form. John Pizzarelli makes a guest appearance, sharing the vocal and playing guitar on "It's Only a Paper Moon"; other highlights include "As Long as I Live," "I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues," and "We'll Be Together Again." Recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Rosemary ClooneyRosemary Clooney Sings the Lyrics of Johnny Mercer
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE