Rosemary Clooney Demi-Centennial
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Concord Records
Entertainment Weekly - 2/10/95, p.70"...Though the notes don't come as easily as in her youth, Clooney's voice is more tender; she's much more deeply engaging....her singing is as wise and honest as you'll find in the classic pop tradition..." - Rating: A-
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Danny Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Coffee Song, The - (with Cathi Campo)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I'm Confessin' That I Love You
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Left My Heart In San Francisco
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Old Friends
- $0.99 on iTunes6.White Christmas
- $0.99 on iTunes7.There Will Never Be Another You
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Falling In Love Again
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Sophisticated Lady
- $0.99 on iTunes10.How Will I Remember You
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Mambo Italiano
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Promise, The (I'll Never Say Goodbye)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Heart's Desire
- $0.99 on iTunes14.We'll Meet Again
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Time Flies
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Dear Departed Past
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Rosemary Clooney, Cathi Campo (vocals); Peter Matz (conductor); Gary Foster (alto saxophone, clarinet); Warren Luening (trumpet); John Oddo (piano); Chuck Berghofer (bass); Steve Houghton (drums); Jeff Porcaro (percussion).
Includes liner notes by Nick Clooney.
DEMI-CENTENNIAL was nominated for a 1996 Grammy Award for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Performance.
Personnel: Rosemary Clooney (vocals); Earl Brown (vocals); Timothy May (guitar); Marcia Dickstein (harp); Ronald Folsom, Jennifer Woodward, Mari Tsumura, Bob Sanov, Sheryl Staples, Yoko Matsuda, Yi Hu, Richard Altenbach, Darius Campo, Dimitrie Leivici, Endre Granat, Haim Shtrum (violin); Victoria Miskolczy, Renita Kaven, Keith Green, Roland Kato (viola); Gary Foster (reeds, alto saxophone); Warren Luening (trumpet, flugelhorn); Larry McGuire, George Graham, Rick Baptist, Wayne Bergeron (trumpet); Steven Becknell (French horn); Phillip Teele, Bill Elton, Chauncey Welsch, Fred Simmons (trombone); John Oddo, Tom Ranier (piano); Gregg Field, Steve Houghton (drums); Joe Porcaro (percussion).
Recording information: 10/10/1994-11/11/1994.
Director: John Oddo.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chuck Berghofer; Gary Foster; John Oddo; Warren Luening; Steve Houghton; Peter Matz.
During her very rich Concord years, which resulted in a renaissance for the veteran singer, Rosemary Clooney was generally featured singing swing standards with a jazz rhythm section, tenor saxophonist Scott Hamilton, and (in the early days) cornetist Warren Vach‚. But by the early '90s, Clooney was being heard more often than not in orchestral settings. This CD celebrates her first 50 years in show business. Although she does not re-create her hits, the 16 songs that Clooney chose to sing on this interesting set signify different periods of her life. "Danny Boy" was a melody she sang as a child; "The Coffee Song" (which she originally performed with her late sister Betty Clooney) has her niece Cathi Campo joining in a duet; "I'm Confessin' (That I Love You)" was a song that her former employer Tony Pastor used to perform nightly; there are tributes to Duke Ellington and Nelson Riddle, etc. Some of the numbers find Clooney accompanied by a string orchestra; there is a big band on a few tunes; and short solos along the way are taken by altoist Gary Foster, trumpeter Warren Luening, and pianist John Oddo (her musical director). Rosemary Clooney's voice is still in fine form on this outing, and there are enough strong sections (along with plenty of nostalgic moments) to make the CD easily recommended to Clooney fans. ~ Scott Yanow
Rosemary ClooneyThe Rosemary Clooney Show: Songs from the Classic... (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Rosemary ClooneyRosemary Clooney Sings the Lyrics of Johnny Mercer (CD)
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Little Shop of Horrors [Original Motion Picture Soundtrack] (CD)(47)
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Ronnie Dove Ronnie Dove Collection, Part 3 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Four Aces 20 Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Frank Sinatra Classics And Standards (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Della Reese And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Anita Ellis World In My Arms (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE