Maggie Sansone Sounds of the Season, Volume 1
- Released: June 25, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Maggie's Music
- 1.Deck The Hall / Ding Dong, Merrily On High
- 2.Wexford Carol
- 3.Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
- 4.Gower Wassail
- 5.O Come, O Come, Emmanual / Masters In This Hall
- 6.Baloo, Lammy
- 7.Joy To The World / Here We Come A-Wassailling
- 8.Christmas Eve Is Here / Fum, Fum, Fum / Christmas Eve Reel
- 9.Il Est Ne / Bring A Torch, Jeanette, Isabella
- 10.What Child Is This
- 11.God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
- 12.Personent Hodie
- 13.I Saw Three Ships
- 14.Angels We Have Heard
- 15.Scotch Mist / Magquis Of Huntley's Strathspey
- 16.Abbots Bromley Horn Dance
- 17.Miss Patterson / Johnny's Gone To France
- 18.Bridget Cruise
- 20.Parson's Farewell
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Maggie Sansone (hammered dulcimer); Robin Bullrock (guitar, cittern, violin, mandolin, synthesizer, bass); Carolyn Surrick (viola da gamba); Sue Richards (Celtic harp); Linda Lunbeck (recorders, finger cymbals); Wendy Morrison (concertina, finger cymbals); Myron Bretholz, Mike Vargas (percussion).
Recorded at Takoma Recording, Takoma, Maryland and Inner Ear Studios, Arlington, Virginia.
Sansone's dulcimer is out front, with appropriate little touches here and there from various traditional Celtic and contemporary instruments. Traditional carols and dances, some well-known and some less so, include tunes from Scottish, English, French, Spanish, and German musical traditions -- "God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen," "I Saw Three Ships," "Wexford Carol," "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming," etc. ~ Roundup Newsletter
Thanks For The Memories - A Special Holiday Ed. (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE