- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 6, 2005
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scene with Commentary by Antonia Bird - Director
- Audio Commentary:
- Antonia Bird - Director; Damon Albarn - Composer
- Robert Carlyle - Star
- Ted Griffin - Writer; Jeffrey Jones - Star
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Movie Stills
- Costume Design Stills
- Set Design Stills
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 09/??/1999
"...RAVENOUS is an ingenious period costume [film]..."
Los Angeles Times - 03/19/1999
"...It's stylish, sophisticated, venturesome....The cast plays with appropriate gusto, and RAVENOUS was shot superbly..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/19/1999
"...RAVENOUS is a darkly atmospheric film....RAVENOUS is the kind of movie where you savor the texture of the filmmaking..."
A cowardly soldier (Pearce) is stationed at an isolated military outpost with a bunch of misfits in Sierra Nevada following the Mexican-American War in 1847. When a dazed survivor (Carlyle) of an unfortunate expedition shows up at the outpost, it isn't long before he reveals himself to be a murderous madman with a taste for human flesh. An offbeat, blackly comic and extremely bloody effort from English director Bird (PRIEST).
Black Comedy |
Period Piece |