- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 26, 2004
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.Isn't It Romantic?
- 2.I Could Write a Book
- 3.Cheek to Cheek
- 4.The Very Thought of You
- 5.Thou Swell
- 6.I Guess I'll Have to Change My Plan - (previously unreleased, CD only)
- 7.He Loves and She Loves - (previously unreleased, CD only)
- 8.Last Night When We Were Young - (previously unreleased, CD only)
- 9.One Morning in May
- 10.I Didn't Know What Time It Was
- 11.There's a Small Hotel
- 12.Someone to Watch Over Me
- 13.I Thought About You
Personnel: Charlie Byrd (guitar); Joe Byrd (bass); Chuck Redd (drums).
Engineers: A.T. Michael McDonald, Ed Trabanco.
Recorded at Classic Sound Productions, New York, New York in March 1984 and Penny Lane Studios, New York, New York in August 1991. Includes liner notes by Gordon Raddue.
Personnel: Charlie Byrd (guitar); Chuck Redd, Chuck Riggs (drums).
Audio Remixer: Phil Edwards .
Liner Note Author: Gordon Raddue.
Recording information: Classic Sound Productions; New (03/1984-08/1991); Penny Lane Studios; New York, NY (03/1984-08/1991).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chuck Redd; Joe Byrd .
On this enjoyable set, Charlie Byrd's trio performs five classics by Rodgers & Hart and numbers by Ray Noble, Irving Berlin, Hoagy Carmichael, George Gershwin, and Jimmy Van Heusen. All of the songs are quite familiar, but Byrd (along with his brother Joe on bass and drummer Chuck Riggs) makes such potential warhorses as "Cheek to Cheek," "Thou Swell," and "I Thought About You" sound fresh and alive. Byrd's solo guitar interpretation of "Someone to Watch Over Me" is a highlight. ~ Scott Yanow