- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: October 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)
- 2.Vou Vivendo
- 3.Nice Work If You Can Get It
- 4.Jitterbug Waltz
- 5.Soft Lights and Sweet Music
- 6.I Ain't Got Nothin' But The Blues
- 7.This Can't Be Love
- 9.Mama, I'll Be Home Someday
- 10.Isn't It A Lovely Day
- 11.Saturday Night Fish Fry
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Charlie Byrd (guitar); Joe Byrd (vocals, bass); Wayne Phillips (drums).
Recorded at Coast Recorders, San Francisci, California in August 1978. Includes liner notes by Gordon Raddue.
Personnel: Charlie Byrd (guitar); Joe Byrd (vocals); Wayne Phillips (drums).
Liner Note Author: Gordon Raddue.
Recording information: Coast Recorders, San Francisco CA (08/1978).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Joe Byrd ; Wayne Phillips.
This delightful CD is one of Charlie Byrd's finest albums for Concord. Teamed up with bassist Joe Byrd and drummer Wayne Phillips, the acoustic guitarist had a real chance to show off his versatility on a wide-ranging repertoire. Highlights include "It Don't Mean a Thing" (which really cooks), "Jitterbug Waltz," the memorable "Carinhoso," and "Isn't It a Lovely Day." Joe Byrd made his vocal debut on spirited versions of "I Ain't Got Nothin' But the Blues" and an uptempo "Saturday Night Fish Fry," sounding like a cross between Bob Dorough and Mose Allison. This set is particularly recommended to listeners who think that Charlie Byrd could only play Brazilian music. ~ Scott Yanow