Dave Brubeck The Best of Dave Brubeck 1979-2004 (Live) (2-CD)
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 12, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Concord Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Yesterdays - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 2.Symphony - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 3.Koto Song - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 4.Black And Blue - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 5.Big Bad Basie - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 6.Reflections Of You - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 7.Blue Lake Tahoe - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 8.Dizzy's Dream - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 9.St. Louis Blues - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 10.Take Five - (with Dave Brubeck)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Cherokee - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 2.Fourth Of July - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 3.Things You Never Remember, The - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 4.Waltzing - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 5.I Got Rhythm - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 6.Day After Day - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 7.Love For Sale - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 8.Cassandra - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 9.Forty Days - (with Dave Brubeck)
- 10.River Stay 'Way From My Door' - (with Dave Brubeck)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Bill Airey Smith, Bill Smith (clarinet); Chris Brubeck (bass trombone, double bass, electric bass); Alec Dankworth, Michael Moore , Jack Six (double bass); Randy Jones (drums); Bobby Militello (alto saxophone); Jerry Bergonzi (tenor saxophone); Butch Miles (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Kirk Phillips.
Liner Note Authors: Russell Gloyd; Bob Blumenthal.
Recording information: Ambient Recording Studio, Stamford, CT (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Coast Recorders, San Francisco, CA (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Gartner Auditorium, Cleveland Musuem Of Art, Cleveland, (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Russian Hill Recording, San Francisco, CA (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Soun Tec Studios, East Norwalk, CT (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Starbucks, 29th And Park Avenue South, New York, NY (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Studio C, Avatar Studio, New York, NY (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); The Blue Note, New York, NY (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); The Concord Jazz Festival, Concord, CA (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); The Rossiya Concert Hall, Moscow, U.S.S.R (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); The Royal Festival Hall, London, England (08/21/1979-01/21/2004); Washington National Cathedral, Washington DC (08/21/1979-01/21/2004).
Photographer: Waring Abbott.
Dave Brubeck is generally considered one of the jazz giants of the 1950s and '60s, but his prolific output and performances from the '70s through the 2000s are seldom discussed. This is a shame, since Brubeck was playing with the same remarkable level of invention and skill at the turn of the century as he did on 1959's classic TIME OUT. This two-disc compilation skims the cream from the pianist and composer's latter-day discography, reaching back to the late '70s and continuing through 2004. Brubeck always surrounds himself with fine players, and his vigor with the ivories still astonishes, transforming even well-worn chestnuts like "St. Louis Blues," "I Got Rhythm," and Charlie Parker's "Cherokee" into exercises in bop elegance.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE