Count Basie For the Second Time (With Louis Bellson & Ray Brown)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 18, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: OJC
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Count Basie (piano); Ray Brown (bass); Louis Bellson (drums).
Recorded at Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, California on August 28, 1975. Originally released on Pablo (2310-878).
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1990, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Count Basie (piano); Louie Bellson (drums).
Liner Note Author: Benny Green .
Recording information: Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, CA (08/28/1975); Los Angeles, CA (08/28/1975).
Photographer: Phil Stern.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Count Basie; Ray Brown .
A reunion date and follow-up to the trio session that produced FOR THE FIRST TIME, this disc once again teams Count Basie with bassist Ray Brown and drummer Louie Bellson. The trio displays telepathic sympathy, with Brown's vigorous bass lines churning over Bellson's tasteful brushwork and the delicate, spare, accent-inflected piano lines of Basie.
While adjusting to the shift in dynamics may take a moment (the Count is usually in front of an explosive big band, after all), FOR THE SECOND TIME is a wholly satisfying, carefully nuanced trip through a handful of originals (including "Sandman" and the pulse-quickening "Racehorse") and standards (On The Sunny Side of the Street," "I Surrender, Dear"). On "The One I Love Belongs To Somebody Else," Basie's rhythmic facility is highlighted as he blends in and out of the combo, adding stresses and counter-stresses. Bellson and Brown match Basie's verve and melodicism throughout, making FOR THE SECOND TIME a wonderful set of tasteful, classic swing.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Bread, Love And Cha Cha Cha / Cugat Cavalcade (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE