Louis Armstrong The Best of Louis Armstrong: The Best of the Hot Five and Hot Seven Recordings (2-CD)
- Released: June 24, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: EMI Europe Generic
Uncut - 11/02, p.1375 stars out of 5 - "...Some of the greatest jazz records ever made..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.When It's Sleepy Time Down South
- 3.Tiger Rag
- 4.When I Grow Too Old to Dream
- 6.Hello Dolly
- 7.On the Alamo
- 9.A Kiss to Build a Dream On
- 10.Lover Come Back to Me
- 11.Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man
- 12.Improvisation / Blueberry Hill
- 13.Muskrat Ramble
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Cocktails For Two
- 2.Stompin' at the Savoy
- 3.Improvisations on "It's Easy to Remember"
- 4.Improvisations on "Teach Me Tonight"
- 5.That's My Desire
- 6.St. James Infirmary
- 7.Mack the Knife
- 8.Tenderly / You'll Never Walk Alone / Mop Mop
- 9.I Left My Heart in San Francisco
- 10.My Man
- 11.Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home?
- 12.When The Saints Go Marchin' In / Finale
Personnel: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet, cornet); Lil Armstrong (vocals, piano); Clarence Babcock (vocals); Kid Ory, John Thomas, Fred Robinson (trombone); Pete Briggs (tuba); Johnny Dodds, Jimmy Strong (clarinet);
Mancy Cara, Johnny St. Cyr (banjo); Earl Hines (piano); Zutty Singleton,
Baby Dodds (drums).
Producers include: Richard M. Jones, Tommy Rockwell.
Compilation producer: Michael Brooks.
Recorded between 1926 & 1928. Originally released on Okeh Records. Includes liner notes by Michael Brooks.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!