Mose Allison Creek Bank (Live)
|You Save:||$0.99 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 28, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Prestige
- 1.Somebody Else Is Taking My Place
- 2.Don't Get Around Much Anymore
- 3.Bye Bye Blues
- 4.How Long Has This Been Going On?
- 5.I Told Ya I Love Ya, Now Get Out
- 6.Baby Let Me Hold Your Hand
- 8.I Hadn't Anyone Till You
- 9.My Kinda Love
- 10.Sleepy Time Gal
- 11.The Seventh Son
- 12.If I Didn't Care
- 13.Cabin in the Sky
- 14.If You Live
- 15.Yardbird Suite
- 16.Creek Bank
- 17.Moon and Cypress
- 19.Dinner on the Ground
- 20.Prelude to a Kiss
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, trumpet, piano); Addison Farmer (bass); Nick Stabulas, Ronnie Free (drums).
Recorded in Hackensack, New Jersey in January & August 1958. Includes liner notes by Len Lyons.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1993, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Mose Allison (vocals, trumpet, piano); Nick Stabulas, Ronnie Free (drums).
Recording information: Hackensack, NJ (01/24/1958/08/15/1958); New Jersey (01/24/1958/08/15/1958).
Photographer: Jim Marshall .
Unknown Contributor Roles: Mose Allison; Nick Stabulas.
This Prestige collection combines two 1958 sessions that feature Mose Allison on many cherished standards, and a few early originals. Here the pianist/vocalist divides his time between instrumental piano trio numbers and those that feature his bluesy Southern vocals. Listening to many of these familiar tunes, it is easy to see how Allison was influenced by everyone from Sonny Boy Williamson, to Nat "King" Cole, to Bud Powell.
His astutely swinging piano technique is on striking display on spirited numbers such as the crisply moving "Bye Bye Blues," as well as Charlie Parker's "Yardbird Suite." Fans of Allison's saucy vocal styling will get a kick out of his lazy read of Ellington's "Don't Get Around Much Anymore," and Ray Noble's "I Hadn't Anyone Till You." In all, these early sessions show why Allison gained so much attention right from the beginning of his long career.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Grand River Crossings: Motown & Motor City Inspirations (CD)
$15.08 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE