Cannonball Adderley Riverside Profiles (2-CD)
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Bill Evans ~ The Complete Village Vanguard Recordings, 1961 (3-CD Set) ~ $21.91
- by Chet Baker ~ Riverside Profiles (2-CD) ~ $10.56
- by Bill Evans ~ Riverside Profiles (2-CD) ~ $10.56
- by Wes Montgomery ~ Riverside Profiles (2-CD) ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Riverside
Tracks on Disc 1:
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Dat Dere - (with Bobby Timmons)
- 2.Airegin - (with Wes Montgomery)
- 3.Soft Winds - (with Chet Baker)
- 4.My Foolish Heart - (with Bill Evans Trio)
- 5.Desafinado - (with Charlie Byrd)
- 6.Thermo - (with Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers)
- 7.Bemsha Swing - (with Thelonious Monk)
- 8.Bohemia After Dark - (with Cannonball Adderley Quintet)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Contains a bonus disc featuring tracks from other Riverside artists.
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Cannonball Adderley; George Dorsey (flute, alto saxophone); Jerome Richardson, Oliver Nelson (flute, tenor saxophone); Yusef Lateef (tenor saxophone); Arthur "Babe" Clarke (baritone saxophone); Nat Adderley (trumpet, cornet); Clark Terry, Ernie Royal, Joe Newman Quartet , Blue Mitchell (trumpet); Arnett Sparrow, Jimmy Cleveland, George Matthews , Paul Faulise (trombone); Don Butterfield (tuba); Wynton Kelly, Bobby Timmons (piano); Victor Feldman (vibraphone); Connie Kay, Louis Hayes, Philly Joe Jones (drums); Joe Zawinul, Bill Evans (piano); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Art Blakey (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Joe Tarantino.
Liner Note Author: Ted Panken.
Recording information: Bell Sound Studios, New York, NY (07/01/1958-07/14/1963); Jazz Workshop, San Francisco, CA (07/01/1958-07/14/1963); Plaza Sound Studios, New York, NY (07/01/1958-07/14/1963); Reeves Sound Studios, New York, NY (07/01/1958-07/14/1963); Sankei Hall, Tokyo, Japan (07/01/1958-07/14/1963).
Photographer: Steve Schapiro.
Arranger: Ernie Wilkins.
There are few more readily recognizable alto saxophone sounds in jazz than that of Julian "Cannonball" Adderley. A disciple of Charlie Parker, Adderley invested his bebop vocabulary with a passionate, blues-rich tone. At a time when jazz was becoming more cerebral (late 1950s/early '60s), Cannonball opted for a hard-swinging, immediately engaging group style that made him internationally popular. The RIVERSIDE PROFILES series presents highlights from his tenure with the Riverside label--most selections feature his classic Quintet (with cornetist/brother Nat and future Weather Report pianist Joe Zawinul), but there's a unique big-band selection and fine one-off sessions with Milt Jackson and Bill Evans as well.
The Complete Albums Collection 1955-1958 (4-CD Box Set)
$12.54 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco [Remastered... (CD)(7)
$9.05 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Ornette Coleman Ornette On Tenor (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE