Cannonball Adderley Norman Granz, Jazz At The Philharmonic: Paris, 1960
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Pablo
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Cannonball Adderley Quintet: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Nat Adderley (cornet); Victor Feldman (piano); Sam Jones (bass); Louis Hayes (drums); Norman Granz.
Producer: Norman Granz.
Reissue producer: Eric Miller.
Recorded live at Salle Pleyel, Paris, France on November 25, 1960. Includes liner notes by Chris Sheridan.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Nat Adderley (cornet); Victor Feldman (piano); Louis Hayes (drums).
Liner Note Author: Chris Sheridan.
Recording information: Salle Pleyel, Paris, France (11/25/1960).
Editor: David Luke.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Victor Feldman; Louis Hayes; Nat Adderley; Sam Jones; Cannonball Adderley.
Capturing the entirety of one of Norman Granz's legendary Jazz at The Philharmonic sets, complete with an effusive introduction by Granz himself, PARIS 1960 is one of the best of the many live recordings of Julian "Cannonball" Adderley. The 55-minute set finds the alto saxophonist at a pivotal point in his career, as he was moving away from hard bop into the funkier, more groove-oriented, but no less technically masterful soul-jazz style that made him a star in the '60s.
The opening "Jeannine" is a hard-bop standard, but the Adderley quintet, featuring (as always) his brother Nat on cornet, stretches it out, sounding relaxed yet still intense. "The Chant," which Adderley had just recorded with his sideline group (the Pollwinners, featuring Wes Montgomery), sounds completely different--but no less outstanding--in its guitar-less arrangement. PARIS 1960 is essential for Adderley fans.
Sonny StittStitt's Bits: Bebop Recordings 1949-1952 [Box Set] (3-CD...
$25.50 Super Savings
The Complete Albums Collection 1955-1958 (4-CD Box Set)
$12.54 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Cannonball Adderley Quintet in Chicago (Live) (CD)(5)
$9.90 Super Savings
Cannonball Adderley Quintet in San Francisco [Remastered... (CD)(7)
$9.99 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Barney Kessel Breakfast At Tiffany's / Bossa Nova / Contemporary Latin Rhythms (2-CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Gloria Lynne Gloria, Marty & Strings / After Hours (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Strayhorn Touch (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE