Things Are Getting Better
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: March 7, 1988
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Imports
- 1.Blues Oriental - Cannonball Adderley, Jackson, Milt
- 2.Things Are Getting Better - Cannonball Adderley, Adderley, Cannonbal
- 3.Serves Me Right [Take] - Cannonball Adderley, Johnson, Buddy
- 4.Serves Me Right [*][Take] - Cannonball Adderley, Johnson, Buddy
- 5.The Groovin' High - Cannonball Adderley, Gillespie, Dizzy
- 6.The Sidewalks of New York [Take] - Cannonball Adderley, Lawlor, Charles B.
- 7.Sidewalks of New York [*][Take] - Cannonball Adderley, Lawlor, Charles B.
- 8.Sounds for Sid - Cannonball Adderley, Adderley, Cannonbal
- 9.Just One of Those Things - Cannonball Adderley, Porter, Cole
Full performer name: Cannonball Adderley/Milt Jackson.
Personnel: Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Wynton Kelly (piano); Percy Heath (acoustic bass); Art Blakey (drums).
Recorded at Reeves Sound Studios, New York, New York on October 28, 1958. Originally released on Riverside (1128). Includes liner notes by Orrin Keepnews.
Digitally remastered by Joe Tarantino (1989, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Milt Jackson (vibraphone); Cannonball Adderley (alto saxophone); Wynton Kelly (piano); Art Blakey (drums).
Liner Note Author: Orrin Keepnews.
Recording information: New York, NY (10/28/1958); Reeves Sound Studios, New York, NY (10/28/1958).
Photographer: Charles Stewart .
Of course, alto saxophonist Julian "Cannonball" Adderley played with Miles Davis on several classic sessions, and his collaborations with Bill Evans on 1961's KNOW WHAT I MEAN and with Wes Montgomery on 1960's THE POLLWINNERS are widely beloved. But this 1958 date, where Adderley and vibraphonist Milt "Bags" Jackson go head to head, may be the finest of Adderley's collaborative sessions.
Jackson, forever remembered as an integral member of the Modern Jazz Quartet, is the greatest vibes player in jazz history. He creates powerful solos with the distinctively mellow percussion instrument. Jackson's inimitable playing meshes beautifully with Adderley's hard-bop style, whether on such originals as "Groovin' High" or on standards like Cole Porter's "Just One of those Things." Any album featuring either of these players is worth hearing. An album showcasing both--with powerhouse drummer Art Blakey, bassist Percy Heath, and pianist Wynton Kelly, to boot--is an absolute must-own.
Things Are Getting Better (20-Bit K2 Super Coding) (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE