- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 24 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 6, 2008
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Legend Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
It's no picnic when super-intelligent ants attack two scientists who are attempting to interpret the ants' communications. Even the researchers' "ant-proof" dome can't keep the violent little crawlers out.
A pair of intrepid scientists set up a research facility in a region of the American desert where a super-intelligent breed of ant has been discovered. Monitoring the insects' progress, the two speculate about the possibilities of an attack on human civilization by the aggressive, brain-heavy creatures -- and just how we might stop such an onslaught.
Theatrical Release |
- Marks the feature-film directorial debut of renowned titles designer, Saul Bass.