The Police Synchronicity
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.14 (26% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 4, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Interscope Records
Rolling StoneRanked #17 in Rolling Stone's "100 Best Albums Of The Eighties" survey. (November 89).
CMJ - 1/5/04, p.12Ranked #15 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1983".
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Simultaneously more pop-oriented and experimental than either Ghost in the Machine or Zenyatta Mondatta, Synchronicity made the Police superstars, generating no less than five hit singles. With the exception of "Synchronicity II," which sounds disarmingly like a crappy Billy Idol song, every one of those singles is a classic. "Every Breath You Take" has a seductive, rolling beat masking its maliciousness, "King of Pain" and "Wrapped Around Your Finger" are devilishly infectious new wave singles, and "Tea in the Sahara" is hypnotic in its measured, melancholy choruses. But, like so many other Police albums, these songs are surrounded by utterly inconsequential filler. This time, the group relies heavily on jazzy textures for Sting's songs, which only work on the jumping, marimba-driven "Synchronicity I." Then, as if to prove that the Police were still a band, there's one song apiece from Stewart Copeland and Andy Summers, both of which are awful, as if they're trying to sabotage the album. Since they arrive on the first side, which is devoid of singles, they do, making the album sound like two EPs: one filled with first-rate pop, and one an exercise in self-indulgence. While the hits are among Sting's best, they also illustrate that he was ready to leave the Police behind for a solo career, which is exactly what he did. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
The Old Grey Whistle Test - Complete Collection (3-DVD)(4)
$29.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 145 ratings.
Based on 145 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 55,591
- UPC: 606949359928
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)(174)
$30.58 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE