Riders In The Sky Public Cowboy #1 - A Centennial Salute to the Music of Gene Autry
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Riders In The Sky ~ Always Drink Upstream From the Herd ~ $10.56
- by Riders In The Sky ~ The Cowboy Way ~ $5.97
- by Riders In The Sky ~ A Great Big Western Howdy! ~ $10.56
- by Riders In The Sky ~ Riders In The Sky Present: Davy Crockett, King Of The Wild Frontier ~ $17.08
- by Riders In The Sky ~ Silver Jubilee (2-CD) ~ $18.88
- Released: July 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
- 1.Back In The Saddle Again
- 2.Sioux City Sue
- 3.Mexicali Rose
- 4.You Are My Sunshine
- 5.Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?
- 6.Can't Shake The Sands Of Texas From My Shoes
- 7.That Silver Haired Daddy Of Mine
- 8.Be Honest With Me
- 9.Blue Canadian Rockies
- 10.Lonely River
- 11.South Of The Border
- 12.Ridin' Down The Canyon
- 13.Take Me Back To My Saddle - (Bonus Track)
- 14.Last Roundup, The - (Bonus Track)
- 15.Riders In The Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - (Bonus Track)
- 16.Tumbling Tumbleweeds - (Bonus Track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
All tracks have been digitally mastered using HDCD technology.
Riders in the Sky: Joey the Cowpolka King (accordion); Too Slim (bass instrument); Ranger Doug, Woody Paul.
Personnel: Ranger Doug (vocals, acoustic guitar); Woody Paul (vocals, fiddle); Too Slim (vocals); Richard O'Brien (acoustic guitar); Robby Turner (lap steel guitar); Pamela Sixfin, David Davidson (violin); Kristin Wilkinson (viola); George Tidwell (trumpet); Louis Brown (trombone).
Additional personnel: Louis Brown (trombone); Kristin Wilkinson, Richard O'Brien, Robby Turner, Pamela Sixfin, David Davidson , George Tidwell.
Audio Mixers: Joey Miskulin; Kurt Storey; Brent Truitt.
Liner Note Author: Ranger Doug.
Recording information: 1103 Studio, Nashville, TN (03/1983); B. Truitt Music, Nashville, TN (03/1983); Birchmere, Alexandria, VA (03/1983); Springfield, VA (03/1983); The Musicwagon, Nashville, TN (03/1983).
Author: Gene Autry.
Photographers: Beth Gwinn; Jim McGuire .
Riders in the Sky cut this record in the wake of their performing a Gene Autry medley in a television appearance with Autry himself in the audience. The songs are done reverently but with a real sense of fun, essentially the same balancing act that has made them a success on stage and television. Their main innovations are the harmony singing, which works well throughout, and a jazzy approach to Jimmie Rodgers' "Can't Shake the Sands of Texas from My Shoes." Autry's versions have held up magnificently well, but this loving tribute album is a necessary addition to any fan's collection. ~ Bruce Eder
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE