- Released: June 19, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Stax
Q (Magazine) - p.1344 stars out of 5
-- "Mavis Staples's grittily sensual voice, lyrics that reflected the concerns of black America and the ace Muscle Shoals rhythms section made a potent team..."
- 1.Long Walk to D.C.
- 2.The Ghetto
- 3.(Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay
- 4.When Will We Be Paid
- 5.Brand New Day (Theme from the Landlord)
- 6.Heavy Makes You Happy (Sha-Na-Boom-Boom)
- 7.Love Is Plentiful
- 8.Who Took the Merry out of Christmas
- 9.You've Got to Earn It
- 10.Respect Yourself
- 11.I'll Take You There
- 12.This World
- 13.Oh La de Da
- 14.Be What You Are
- 15.If You're Ready (Come Go with Me)
- 16.Touch a Hand, Make a Friend
- 17.City in the Sky
- 18.My Main Man / There Is a God: My Main Man / There Is A God
- 19.Back Road into Town
- 20.I Got to Be Myself
Audio Remasterer: Kirk Felton.
Liner Note Author: Rob Bowman.
From Fantasy Records comes this 20-track retrospective that covers the entire ambit of the Staple Singers' career, heavy on their 1970s heyday classics like "I'll Take You There" and "Respect Yourself." All the tracks are 24-bit remastered, and the album includes liner notes by music historian Rob Bowman.