Muddy Waters At Newport
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$4.92 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.07 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Chess
Vibe - 12/99, p.160Included in Vibe's 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century
- 1.I Got My Brand On You
- 2.I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man
- 3.Baby Please Don't Go
- 4.Soon Forgotten
- 5.Tiger In Your Tank
- 6.I Feel So Good
- 7.I've Got My Mojo Working
- 8.I've Got My Mojo Working, Part 2
- 9.Goodbye Newport Blues
- 10.I Got My Brand On You - (bonus track)
- 11.Soon Forgotten - (bonus track)
- 12.Tiger In Your Tank - (bonus track)
- 13.Meanest Woman - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
This reissue contains 4 mono bonus studio tracks.
Personnel includes: Muddy Waters (vocals, guitar); Langston Hughes (spoken vocals); Pat Hare (guitar); James Cotton (harmonica); Otis Span (piano, background vocals); Andrew Stevenson (bass); Francis Clay (drums).
Recorded live at Newport Jazz Festival, Newport, Rhode Island on July 3, 1960 and Chicago, Illinois in June 1960.
Includes liner notes by Mary Katherine Aldin and Jack Tracy.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (Universal Mastering).
The old cover photograph of Muddy clutching John Lee Hooker's guitar gave the impression that he was at a Folk Festival rather than the prestigious Newport Jazz Festival. However, the record revealed the King of Chicago blues at his very best, shouting his music above the discordant wail of a band that included Otis Spann, James Cotton, Pat Hare and Francis Clay. Film of the event shows a sharply dressed Muddy shimmying and jiving around the stage with the energy of a man half his age. Some of that atmosphere is apparent on the record, in a program that includes 'Hoochie Coochie Man', Big Bill Broonzy's 'I Feel So Good', recent singles 'I Got My Brand On You' and 'Soon Forgotten', and a massive 'Got My Mojo Working'. The set ends in poignant mood with the announcement of the end of the Festival and Otis Spann's improvised 'Goodbye Newport Blues'.
Robert JohnsonKing of the Delta Blues Singers, Volume 2 [Bonus Track] View Details
George Baze - Chicago Blues Jam: A Tribute to Muddy Waters (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE