Arlo Guthrie The Best of Arlo Guthrie
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.79 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.19 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Arlo Guthrie ~ Alice's Restaurant ~ $11.69
- by Bob Seger ~ Greatest Hits 2 (Enhanced) ~ $10.79
- by Woody Guthrie ~ The Greatest Songs of Woody Guthrie ~ $15.71
- by The Traveling Wilburys ~ The Traveling Wilburys Collection (2-CD + DVD) ~ $25.91
- by Woody Guthrie ~ Ultimate Collection (2-CD Import) ~ $9.90
- Released: July 17, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Rhino
- 1.Alice's Restaurant Massacre
- 2.Gabriel's Mother's Hiway Ballad #16 Blues
- 3.Cooper's Lament
- 4.Motorcycle Song (Significance Of The Pickle)
- 5.Coming Into Los Angeles
- 6.Last Train
- 7.City Of New Orleans
- 8.Darkest Hour
- 9.Last To Leave
Tracks recorded between 1967 and 1976.
Woody Guthrie's son Arlo successfully made a name for himself with a body of work that falls under the shadow of his father only peripherally. Beginning as a sort of comic troubadour, Arlo laid out a persona that was all his own with "Alice's Restaurant Masacree." He followed his debut album with another in a similar vein--ARLO, which yielded "Motorcycle (Significance Of The Pickle)." This was followed by a series of smartly written, arranged and produced albums which benefited from great players (Ry Cooder, Doug Dillard, Richie Hayward, Chris Ethridge, and Clarence White, among others) and sympathetic producers (including Lenny Waronker and Van Dyke Parks).
The remainder of his works for Warner Brothers (now all reissued on his own Rising Son Records) were a quietly dazzling array of warm, inventive ensemble playing and superb songwriting. Though primarily popular as whole albums, there were a couple of notable hits, including "Coming Into Los Angeles" and "City Of New Orleans." This collection features some of the finest songs of his career.
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 Super Savings
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE