Julio Iglesias Julio
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Non Si Vive Cosi (Can't Live Like This)
- 3.Abracame (Wrap Your Arms Around Me)
- 4.Ou Est Passe Ma Boheme?
- 5.Begin The Beguine
- 8.La Paloma
- 9.Wo Bist Du (Where Are You)
- 10.De Nina A Mujer (From Child To Woman)
It had taken CBS rather by surprise when their Latin star signed for the world market suddenly broke in the U.K.. Consequently, the album schedule was thrown into disarray, the album out at that time being a Spanish-language selection of songs called De Ni¤a a Mujer which was not very friendly for the army of new British fans. So quickly out of the blocks came Begin the Beguine, a very similar album, but more Anglo-centric. Two years later the dust settled and CBS was ready to promote Julio Iglesias as a star in his own right, rather than an accident of fortune. So the album Julio was released, consisting of ten ultra-romantic songs and specifically put together at the time by CBS as a TV compilation best-of covering the period 1981-1983, hence the reappearance of the songs "Amor," which had originally been on the previous album of the same title, yet another appearance on the third album for the hit single "Begin the Beguine," and "De Nina a Mujer." "Ou Est Passee Ma Boheme" which was his hit, "Yours" sung in French, a new hit single, "Hey" sung in English, and to cover all the bases, there was "Nostalgie" in French, "Wo Bist Du (Where Are You)" in German, and several other tracks sung in his native (and most romantic sounding) Spanish. Despite the main tracks having already appeared on several albums, the TV advertising worked well enough to give Iglesias a second Top Five album and established him as more than a novelty one-hit wonder. ~ Sharon Mawer
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 43,393
- UPC: 886972427720
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Music (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE