Frank Sinatra Vegas (Live) (4-CD + DVD)
|You Save:||$5 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Tony Bennett ~ Duets: An American Classic ~ $7.18
- by Diana Krall ~ From This Moment On ~ $16.55
- by Ray Charles / Count Basie ~ Ray Sings, Basie Swings ~ $12.09
- by Frank Sinatra ~ A Voice in Time: 1939-1952 (4-CD Box Set) ~ $44.74
- by Frank Sinatra ~ A Voice In Time (1939-1952) (4-CD Box Set) ~ $44.74
- Number of Discs: 5
- Released: November 7, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Reprise / WEA
JazzTimes - pp.66-67"This is Sinatra at the very top of his game. He owns Reprise, he owns a piece of the Sands, and the world is his high-flying playground."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else
- 3.Don't Cry Joe
- 5.Moonlight in Vermont
- 6.Without a Song
- 7.In the Still of the Night
- 8.Here's That Rainy Day
- 9.The Moon Was Yellow
- 11.You Make Me Feel So Young
- 12.The Second Time Around
- 13.River, Stay 'Way From My Door
- 14.The Lady Is a Tramp
- 15.Just One of Those Things
- 16.You're Nobody "Til Somebody Loves You
- 18.Young at Heart
- 20.On the Road to Manalay
- 22.Sinatra Speaks on Segregation in Nevada
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Come Fly With Me
- 3.I've Got a Crush on You
- 4.I've Got You Under My Skin
- 5.The September of My Years
- 6.Street of Dreams
- 7.Fly Me to the Moon
- 9.You Make Me Feel So Young
- 10.The Shadow of Your Smile
- 11.Get Me to the Church on Time
- 12.Luck Be a Lady
- 13.It Was a Very Good Year
- 14.Don't Worry 'Bout Me
- 15.My Kind of Town
- 17.My Kind of Town (Reprise)
- 18.Sinatra Speakas on Working With Count Basie
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Get Me to the Church on Time
- 2.I Get a Kick Out of You
- 3.I Can't Get Started
- 4.Without a Song
- 5.Hey Look, No Crying
- 6.The Lady Is a Tramp
- 8.Night & Day
- 9.All or Nothing at All
- 10.The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else
- 11.These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)
- 12.Somethin' Stupid
- 13.Theme From New York, New York
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.I've Got the World on a String
- 2.At Long Last Love
- 5.For Once in My Life
- 6.My Heart Stood Still
- 7.You Are the Sunshine of My Life
- 9.Spring Is Here
- 10.What Now My Love?
- 11.I Get Along Without You Very Well
- 12.Pennies From Heaven
- 13.Angel Eyes
- 14.Mack the Knife
Recorded At Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV. May 1978
Personnel: Charles Henry Turner , Charles Turner (trumpet); Vincent Falcone, Count Basie, Vincent Falcone, Jr. (piano); Jim Hughart, Gene Cherico (bass instrument); Al Viola, Tony Mottola, Ron Anthony (guitar); Lou Levy, Bill Miller (piano); Irving Cottler (drums); Count Basie & His Orchestra, Nancy Sinatra, The Antonio Morelli Orchestra.
Audio Mixers: Leon J. Smith III; Larry Walsh.
Liner Note Authors: Herman Rush; Charles Champlin; David Wild; Charles Pignone.
Recording information: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, NV (11/1961-04/1987); Golden Nugget, Las Vegas, NV (11/1961-04/1987); Sands, Las Vegas, NV (11/1961-04/1987).
Authors: Ron Anthony; Al Viola; Bill Miller ; Nancy Sinatra; Nathan Golden "Sonny"; Angie Dickinson; Hank Cattaneo; Quincy Jones; Tina Sinatra; Tom Dreesen; Billy May.
Photographers: John Bryson; Kenny Rogers ; David Sutton ; Bob Willoughby.
Unknown Contributor Role: John Roberts.
Arrangers: Don Costa; Frank Foster ; Gordon Jenkins; Johnny Mandel; Neal Hefti; Nelson Riddle; Quincy Jones; Sy Oliver; Billy Byers; Billy May.
There's a reason why Frank Sinatra and Las Vegas are so closely linked: Ol' Blue Eyes was supremely comfortable in Sin City, allowing for many of his greatest performances over the decades, as revealed on this excellent 2006 four-CD/one-DVD collection of previously unreleased material. While the first two discs present Sinatra at the Sands during his 1960s heyday, the third and fourth discs consist of '80s concerts. Naturally, the '60s recordings find the Chairman of the Board in top form, as the deep-voiced crooner breezes through jazz/pop classics such as "Moonlight in Vermont" and "Come Fly with Me," the latter part of a remarkable set with Count Basie and his orchestra. However, the '80s shows are also impressive, revealing that Sinatra could still stun an audience late in his storied career, a notion further backed up by video footage of a swinging late-'70s concert at Caesar's Palace.
1. Backstage (Before The Show)
2. Welcome To Caesars
3. All Of Me
4. Maybe This Time
5. The Lady Is A Tramp
6. Didn't We?
7. Someone To Watch Over Me
9. Baubles, Bangles And Beads
10. The Gal That Got Away/It Never Entered My Mind
12. My Kind Of Town
13. Send In The Clowns
15. Don't Worry About Me
17. My Way
18. America The Beautiful
19. Backstage (After The Show)
1. Sinatra: Freedom To Live (Version 1)
2. Sinatra: Freedom To Live (Version 2)
The Rat Pack - Live from Las Vegas: A Tribute (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 112 ratings.
Based on 112 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE