- Released: June 2, 1998
- Label: Polygram Uk
- 1.It's Not Unusual
- 2.Chills and Fever
- 3.Green, Green Grass of Home
- 4.What's New Pussycat? - (from "What's New Pussycat?")
- 5.Thunderball - (from "Thunderball")
- 6.Not Responsible
- 7.Detroit City
- 8.(It Looks Like) I'll Never Fall in Love Again
- 9.I'm Coming Home
- 11.Love Me Tonight
- 12.Help Yourself
- 13.Without Love (There Is Nothing)
- 14.Daughter of Darkness
- 15.She's a Lady
- 16.I (Who Have Nothing)
- 18.The Young New Mexican Puppeteer
- 19.Something 'Bout You Baby I Like
- 20.Letter to Lucille
- 21.Puppet Man
Arrangers: Johnathon J. Jeczalik; Anne Dudley.
THE BEST OF TOM JONES is probably the most thorough and entertaining of the many Tom Jones compilations available. Twenty-two tracks are exquisitely remastered to let every one of those over-the-top string sections and all of Jones' manly bellows reverberate as nature intended.
All of Jones' biggest hits are included, from 1964's "What's New Pussycat," through such definitive Jones classics as "It's Not Unusual," "She's a Lady," and "Delilah," all the way up to his tongue-in-cheek comeback with the Art Of Noise, a 1989 electro-shock collaboration on Prince's "Kiss." Too long thought of as merely a kitsch figure, Jones is an undeniable talent. However, it seems that either you get him or you don't. If you get him, this is the anthology to get.