- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: February 20, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
JazzTimes - 2/97, p.123
"McCorkle's singing is wonderfully reminiscent of the young Billie Holiday..."
- 1.At The Jazz Band Ball
- 2.Fools Rush In
- 3.I'm Old Fashioned
- 4.Blues In The Night
- 5.My New Celebrity Is You
- 7.Any Place I Hang My Hat is Home
- 8.Talk To Me Baby
- 9.This Time The Dreams's On Me / Dream
- 10.How Little We Know
- 11.Harlem Butterfly
- 12.Arthur Murray Taught Me Dancing In A Hurry
- 13.Love's Got Me In A Lazy Mood
- 14.One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
Personnel: Susannah McCorkle (vocals); Danny Moss (tenor saxophone, clarinet); Duncan Lamont (tenor saxophone, flute); Digby Fairweather (trumpet, cornet); Keith Ingham (piano); Ron Rubin (bass); Derek Hogg (drums).
Originally recorded in London, England in 1977.
For her second recording and first U.S. release, singer Susannah McCorkle performs 14 songs fortunate enough to have the delightful lyrics of Johnny Mercer. Whether it be the Dixielandish "At the Jazz Band Ball," "Blues in the Night," the touching "Skylark," a "Dream" medley, "One for My Baby" or the novelty "Arthur Murray Taught Me Dancing in a Hurry," McCorkle does full justice to the words she sings. Recorded in London in 1977, the date finds McCorkle joined by such fine English musicians as pianist Keith Ingham, bassist Ron Rubin, drummer Derek Hogg, the tenors of Danny Moss and Duncan Lamont, and the excellent trumpeter Digby Fairweather. ~ Scott Yanow