Bing Crosby A Centennial Anthology of His Decca Recordings (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Bing Crosby ~ Bing: His Legendary Years 1931-1957 (4-CD) ~ $59.39
- The Bing Crosby Collection (College Humor / We're Not Dressing / Here Is My Heart / Mississippi /... ~ $43.83
- by Bing Crosby ~ Top O' the Morning: His Irish Collection ~ $9.72
- by Perry Como ~ The Very Best of Perry Como [RCA] (2-CD) ~ $5.97
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 8, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I Surrender, Dear
- 2.Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away)
- 4.I Found a Million Dollar Baby (In a Five and Ten Cent Store)
- 6.Where the Blue of the Night (Meets the Gold of the Day)
- 7.I'm an Old Cowhand (From the Rio Grande)
- 8.New San Antonio Rose
- 9.Pistol Packin' Mama
- 10.Don't Fence Me In
- 11.Sweet Leilani
- 12.Blue Hawaii
- 13.My Isle of Golden Dreams
- 14.Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral (That's an Irish Lullaby)
- 15.MacNamara's Band
- 16.Galway Bay
- 17.Wait 'Til the Sun Shines, Nellie
- 18.Road to Morocco
- 19.South America, Take It Away!
- 20.A Couple of Song and Dance Men
- 21.Alexander's Ragtime Band
- 22.In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening
- 23.You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby
- 24.Yes, Indeed!
- 25.South Rampart Street Parade
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.June in January
- 2.Pennies from Heaven
- 3.I've Got a Pocketful of Dreams
- 4.Moonlight Becomes You
- 5.Sunday, Monday or Always
- 6.Swinging on a Star
- 7.The Bells of St. Mary's
- 8.Blue Skies
- 9.It's Been a Long, Long Time
- 10.I Can't Begin to Tell You
- 11.Ol' Man River
- 12.You Are My Sunshine
- 13.San Fernando Valley
- 14.Sioux City Sue
- 15.Dear Hearts and Gentle People
- 16.Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy
- 17.Jingle Bells
- 18.I'll Be Home for Christmas
- 19.Silent Night
- 20.White Christmas
- 21.Red Sails in the Sunset
- 22.Now Is the Hour (Maori Farewell Song)
- 23.Far Away Places
- 24.Harbor Lights
- 25.Around the World (In Eighty Days)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Bing Crosby, The Andrew Sisters, Al Jolson, Fred Astaire,
Bob Hope, Jane Wyman, Connee Boswell (vocals); Carmen Cavallaro (piano); Les Paul Trio; Buddy Cole Trio; Bob Crosby & His Orchestra; John Scott Trotter & His Orchestra; Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra; Vic Schoen & His Orchestra.
Recorded between 1934 & 1956. Includes liner notes by Wig Wiggins.
Recording information: 11/09/1934-10/03/1956.
Before he established himself as an actor, Bing Crosby was America's Number One vocalist, a singer of tremendous popularity throughout the 1920s and '30s (and he held his own during Sinatra's ascendance, too). Crosby sang in a silky-smooth, genial, jazz-influenced style, and he also drew on a wide variety of material (Tin Pan Alley pop, Irish and Hawaiian songs, jazz, etc.). This CENTENNIAL ANTHOLOGY presents a wonderful cross-section of his early hits, some of the most important pop music of the first half of the 20th century. In addition, this DELUXE EDITION has a bonus disc of five songs.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!