- Released: April 23, 2002
- Label: Decca Broadway
- 1.Whistle Down The Wind - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Away From You - (from "Rex")
- 3.Guardami - (Italian version of With One Look, from "Sunset Boulevard")
- 4.Think Of Me - (from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
- 5.One More Walk Around The Garden - (previously unreleased, from "Carmelina")
- 6.Surrender - (from "Sunset Boulevard")
- 7.If I Ever Fall In Love Again - (from "The Crooked Mile")
- 8.Half A Moment - (from "By Jeeves")
- 9.Piano - (Italian version of Memory, from "Cats")
- 10.What More Do I Need? - (previously unreleased, from "Saturday Night")
- 11.There Is More To Love - (from "Aspects Of Love")
- 12.Last Man In My Life, The - (from "Song And Dance")
- 13.In The Mandarin's Orchid Garden - (previously unreleased, from "East Is West")
- 14.Nothing Like You've Ever Known - (from "Song & Dance")
- 15.Chi Il Bel Sogno De Doretta - (from "La Rondine")
Compilation producer: Andrew Lloyd Webber.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24 bit technology.
Personnel: Steve Barton (vocals); Andrew Lloyd Webber (piano).
Recording information: Audio International, London, England; CTS; EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England; Emi Studios; Metroplis Studios; Metropolis Studios; Skratch Studio One.
Photographer: Simon Fowler .
Let the critics tussle about the relative merits of Andrew Lloyd Webber versus Great American Songbook types like the Gershwins and Richard Rodgers; when they all get the gossamer-wings vocal treatment that can only come from Sarah Brightman, they're equally touched by grace. The origin of most of the songs on this collection is Broadway, and the lion's share of the recordings hail from Brightman's THE SONGS THAT GOT AWAY album, tapping lesser-known show tunes. But whether or not you're familiar with the songs, the way Brightman's otherworldly, angelic voice inhabits them will send shivers up your spine. And when she turns operatic, as on the Puccini composition "Chi Il Bel Sogno Di Doretta," the reason why this silver-toned singer was placed upon this planet becomes immediately apparent.