Sarah Brightman Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection / Encore (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$17.98 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 15, 2002
- Label: Decca Broadway
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Phantom of the Opera, musical: The Phantom of the Opera - (from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
- 2.Song and Dance, musical: Unexpected Song - (from "Song And Dance")
- 3.Aspects of Love [From Chanson d'Enfance] - (from "Aspects Of Love")
- 4.Phantom of the Opera, musical: All I Ask of You - (from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
- 5.Evita, musical: Don't Cry for Me Argentina - (from "Evita")
- 6.Evita, musical: Another Suitcase in Another Hall - (from "Evita")
- 7.Aspects of Love [From Love Changes Everything] - (from "Aspects Of Love")
- 8.Amigos Para Siempre (Friends for Life) [Official Theme of the Barcelona 1992 Games] - (official theme song for the Barcelona Games, 1992)
- 9.Cats, musical: Memory - (from "Cats")
- 10.Cats, musical: Gus: The Theatre Cat - (from "Cats")
- 11.Aspects of Love [From Anything but Lonely] - (from "Aspects Of Love")
- 12.Cats, musical: Macavity: The Mystery Cat - (from "Cats")
- 13.Tell Me on a Sunday, musical (original version): Tell Me on a Sunday - (from "Tell Me On Sunday / Song And Dance")
- 14.Phantom of the Opera, musical: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again - (from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
- 15.Requiem for soloists, chorus & orchestra: Pie Jesu - (from "Requiem")
- 16.Phantom of the Opera, musical: The Music of the Night - (from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Whistle Down the Wind, musical play: Whistle Down the Wind - (previously unreleased, from "Whistle Down The Wind")
- 2.Away From You [from "Rex"] - (from "Rex")
- 3.Sunset Boulevard, musical: Guardami (With One Look) (Italian Version) - (italian version, from "Sunset Boulevard")
- 4.Phantom of the Opera, musical: Think of me - (original cast recordings, from "The Phantom Of The Opera")
- 5.Carmelina, musical: One more walk around the garden - (previously unreleased, from "Carmelina")
- 6.Sunset Boulevard, musical: Surrender - (from "Sunset Boulevard")
- 7.Crooked Mile, musical play: If I ever fall in love again, The - (from "The Crooked Mile")
- 8.By Jeeves, musical play: Half a moment - (from "Jeeves")
- 9.Cats, musical: Piano (Memory - Italian Version) (Italian version of "Memory", from "Cats")
- 10.Saturday Night, musical play: What more do I need - (from "Saturday Night")
- 11.Aspects of Love [From There is Moore to Love] - (from "Aspects Of Love")
- 12.Song and Dance, musical: The last man in my life - (from "Song And Dance")
- 13.East Is West, musical play (unfinished): In the Mandarin's Orchid Garden - (from "East Is West")
- 14.Song and Dance, musical: Nothing Like You've Ever Known - (from "Tell Me On A Sunday / Song And Dance")
- 15.Rondine, La (The Swallow), opera: Chi il bel sogno di doretta - (from "La Rondine")
Contains 2 previously released CDs: ANDREW LLOYD WEBER COLLECTION (1998)/ENCORE (2001).
Personnel includes: Sarah Brightman (vocals); Michael Crawford, Cliff Richard, Jose Carreras, Sir John Gielgud, Paul Miles-Kingston (vocals).
Producers: Andrew Lloyd Webber, Nigel Wright.
Personnel: Steve Barton (vocals).
Recording information: CTS; EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England; Metropolis Studios; Skratch Studio One.
Photographers: Lewis Mulatero; Simon Fowler .
Unknown Contributor Role: Martin Levan.
During and after her marriage to Andrew Lloyd Webber, Sarah Brightman recorded for his company, Really Useful Records, on both cast recordings (The Phantom of the Opera) and solo albums (The Songs That Got Away, Surrender) under his supervision in the 1980s and early '90s. These recordings brought her some commercial success primarily in the U.K. But after departing Really Useful, she became an international classical crossover superstar, starting with 1997's Time to Say Goodbye. Understandably, Really Useful reconfigured her earlier recordings, first on The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection, and then on Encore, compilation albums that are combined on this further repackaging. Not surprisingly, Brightman recorded most of her husband's best-known songs, many of which were written for her, so one gets to hear her versions of "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," "Memory" (in both English and Italian versions), and "The Phantom of the Opera" (a duet with Michael Crawford drawn from the Original London Cast recording of the musical). The two albums fall neatly into a division of "the best" (The Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection) and "the rest" (Encore), with the second album emphasizing the aspect of the original LPs that looked to obscure songs by prominent show-music songwriters. Although Brightman tackles these tunes with her usual verve, they aren't always well suited to her; she is particularly at sea trying to render the urban humor of Stephen Sondheim's "What More Do I Need," which simply doesn't conform to her drawing-room, sub-operatic style. But much of the music here does respond well to her voice and approach, especially the many songs written by her ex-husband, making this a good purchase for Brightman fans who discovered her with Time to Say Goodbye. ~ William Ruhlmann
Sarah BrightmanLove Changes Everything: Andrew Lloyd Webber Collection,...
$18.47 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)
$14.46 CYBER SALE
The Sound of Music [35th Anniversary Soundtrack + Bonus... (CD)
$5.97 CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE