Tony Bennett Life Is Beautiful
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 10, 2003
- Label: Concord Records
- 1.Life Is Beautiful
- 2.All Mine
- 6.This Funny World
- 7.As Time Goes By
- 8.I Used To Be Color Blind
- 9.Lost In The Stars
- 10.There'll Be Some Changes Made
- 11.Cole Porter Medley: What Is This Thing Called Love / Love For Sale / You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To / Easy To Love / It's Alright With Me / Night And Day / Dream Dancing / I've Got You Under My Skin / Get Out Of Town / What Is This Thing Called Lov
Personnel: Tony Bennett (vocals); Torrie Zito (arranger, piano); John Guiffrida (bass); Chuck Hughes (drums).
Originally released on Improv Records.
Personnel: Torrie Zito (piano); Chuck Hughes (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Seth Presant.
Arranger: Torrie Zito.
Recorded for his own Improv label, Tony Bennett's Life Is Beautiful appeared the same year as his impressive jazz collaboration with Bill Evans, and represents a return to full orchestration after the quiet majesty of The Tony Bennett Bill Evans Album. Anchored by the Torrie Zito Trio but also including frequent strings and brass, Bennett makes ten intriguing selections for his material; while the composers are hardly unfamiliar names (including Duke Ellington, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, Rodgers & Hart, Kurt Weill, and even Fred Astaire), many of Bennett's choices are fresh ones, reflecting his 25 years of investigation into the American songbook. Ellington's obscure "Reflections" is the best, given a sweetly remembered, world-weary, yet majestic performance by the incomparable Bennett. Berlin's enraptured "I Used to Be Color Blind" and Porter's swinging "Experiment" are also great versions of rare songs by top-drawer composers. Bennett's voice, however, isn't always in top condition here; he strains for a few notes, and several times attempts to power through lines that would've been improved by clever phrasing. [A 2003 reissue by Concord added a song recorded at the same time, a 12-minute "Cole Porter Medley" smoothly performed by Bennett and just as smoothly transitioned by Torrie Zito.] ~ John Bush
Junior BrownLive at the Continental Club: The Austin Experience (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 6 (CD)(10)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The CBS Television Specials: Live at Carnegie Hall/ Live at... (CD)(12)
$14.53 Super Savings
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE