Linda Eder Broadway My Way
|You Save:||$0.73 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 18, 2003
- Label: Atlantic
- 1.I Am What I Am - (from "La Cage Aux Folles")
- 2.Anthem - (from "Chess")
- 3.On The Street Where You Live - (from "My Fair Lady")
- 4.What Kind Of Fool - (from "Stop The World I Want To Get Off")
- 5.Some People - (from "Gypsy")
- 6.I'll Be Seeing You - (from "Right This Way")
- 7.Gold - (from "Camille Claudel")
- 8.Don't Rain On My Parade - (from "Funny Girl")
- 9.Impossible Dream, The - (from "Man Of La Mancha")
- 10.New Life, A - (from "Jekyll & Hyde")
- 11.Edelweiss - (from "The Sound Of Music")
- 12.Unusual Way - (from "Nine")
- 13.Man Of La Mancha - (from "Man Of La Mancha")
Personnel includes: Linda Eder (vocals); Peter Calo, Mark Lambert (guitar); Krista Feeney, Richard Sortomme, Antoine Silverman (violin); Sue Pray, Karen Ritscher, Debra Shufelt, Jill Jaffe, Juliet Haffner (viola); Stephanie Cummins, Roger Shell, Eugene Moye, Semyon Fridman (cello); Emily Mitchell (harp); Robert Bush, Laura Conwesser, David Mann (flute); Natt Dine (oboe, English horn); David Mann, Walter Weiskopf, Charles Pillow, Scott Krietzer, Roger Rosenberg (saxophone); Anthony Kadleck, Barry Danielian, Scott Wendholt, alan Rubin (trumpet); Michael Davis, Jim Pugh, Keith O'Quinn (trombone); Jeffrey Lange, Chris Komer (French horn); Jeremy Roberts (piano, keyboards); David Finck (acoustic & electric bass); Clint DeGanon (drums); Charles Descarfino, Joseph Passaro (percussion).
Recorded at Avatar Studios and Sampleheads, New York, New York.
Personnel: Linda Eder (background vocals); Gene Bertoncini, Jeff Mironov, Mark Lambert, Michael Thompson , Peter Calo (guitar); Emily Mitchell (harp); Jill Jaffe (violin, viola); Karl Kawahara, Daniel Reed , Hae Young Ham, Robin Bushman, Nancy McAlhany, Marti Sweet, Anca Nicolau, Antoine Silverman, Sandra Park, Sanford Allen, Krista Bennion Feeney, Robert Chausow, Regis Iandiorio, Lisa Kim, Suzanne Ornstein, Richard Sortomme, Carol Webb, Sharon Yamada, Jean Ingraham, Yuri Vodovoz (violin); Sue Pray, Eufrosina Railenu, Peter Kenote, Karen Ritscher, Olivia Koppell, Debra Shufelt, Juliet Haffner, Lois Martin, Robert Rinehart (viola); Erik Friedlander, Maria Kitsopoulos, Clay Reude, Stephanie Cummins, Jesse Levy, Sarah Seiver (cello); Laura Conwesser, Robert Bush (flute); Matthew Dine (oboe, English horn); Dan Wilensky, Andy Snitzer, Mike Migliore, Ed Maina, Bob Mintzer (woodwinds); Roger Rosenberg, Scott Kreitzer, Walt Weiskopf, David Mann , Charles Pillow (saxophone); Chris Botti, Anthony Kadleck, Alan Rubin, Randy Brecker, Scott Wendholt, Barry Danielian, Tony Kadleck, Jim Hynes (trumpet); Daniel Culpepper, Jerome Ashby, John Clark , Chris Komer (French horn); James Pugh, Herb Besson, David Earl Taylor, Jim Pugh , Michael Davis , George Flynn , Keith O'Quinn, Birch Johnson (trombone); Jeremy Roberts (piano, keyboards); Billy Jay Stein (keyboards); David Finck (acoustic bass, electric bass); Clint DeGanon, Jerry Marotta, Mark Walker (drums); Bashiri Johnson , Charles Descarfino, Joe Passaro (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Gary Chester ; Ken Freeman; Andy de Ganahl; Jeremy Roberts ; Brad Aaron.
Recording information: Avatar Studios, New York, NY; Mad Hatter Recording Studios, Los Angeles, CA; National Edison Recording Studio, New York, NY; Parc Studios, Altamonte Springs, FL; Sampleheads, New York, NY.
Photographer: Roy Zipstein.
Arrangers: Kim Scharnberg; Jeremy Roberts .
In many senses, BROADWAY MY WAY is the album for which Linda Eder fans had been waiting ever since the singer first gained notoriety for her performance in JEKYLL & HYDE. Unlike her other records, here Eder eschews the material of her husband/collaborator Frank Wildhorn in favor of an entire disc of classic Broadway show tunes. Wisely, she mostly avoids the overdone chestnuts (with a few exceptions like "Edelweiss" from THE SOUND OF MUSIC and "The Impossible Dream" from MAN OF LA MANCHA) and chooses a solid collection of uniformly great songs from great shows. Though Eder's vocals never quite match the awesome purity of tone and sensitivity of Barbra Streisand (who Eder has been compared to throughout her career), she powers through the tunes with an unflagging exuberance that should enchant any fan of big-time Broadway productions.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 153 ratings.
Based on 153 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE