- Released: June 6, 1995
- Label: EMI Mod Afw
Entertainment Weekly - 6/23/95, p.56
"...it's rare to encounter an album of original material with this much lyrical and melodic substance--and so compellingly sung." - Rating: A
- 1.You And Me (Toi Et Moi)
- 2.Who Could Forget You (Inoubliable)
- 3.Needle, The (L'Aiguille)
- 4.You Against Me (Toi Contre Moi)
- 5.Painted Child, The (L'Enfant Maquille)
- 6.Times We've Known, The (Les Bons Moments)
- 7.I Drink (Je Bois)
- 8.Still I Cling To You (Jo Me Raccroche A Toi)
- 9.Haunted House, The (Le Maison Hantee)
- 10.I Love You So (Je T'Aime Tant)
- 11.You'll Never Hear Me Say Goodbye (Je Ne Ferai Pas Mes Adieux)
- 12.Boats Have Sailed, The (Les Bateaux Sont Partis)
- 13.Chanson Souvenir
- 14.Maria Was Her Name (La Marguerite)
- 15.It's Got To Be Goodbye (Te Dire Adieu)
- 16.Toi & Moi
Adapters: Herbert Kretzmer; P. Shart.
Personnel: Charles Aznavour (vocals).
Audio Mixer: Peter Hammond.
Recording information: Studio du Palais des congr?s.
Arrangers: Herv? Roy; Jean Claudric.
Charles Aznavour's compelling, jazz-influenced voice first became known to worldwide audiences three decades earlier, earning him such deserved accolades as "The Sinatra of France." 1995's 17-song YOU AND ME is a delightful surprise. This album of all new material, with every song written or co-written by Aznavour himself, finds him in excellent vocal form, delivering such beautiful but world-weary tracks as "I Drink" and "You Against Me" with possibly even greater skill and nuance than he'd shown in the past. The highlights of YOU AND ME are the two versions (English and French) of the title track, but Aznavour is a treasure in either language.