12 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.61 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: December 8, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: A&M
Rolling Stone - 6/24/71, p.43"...Ultimately the Carpenters have more going for them than against. There is no question that they have contributed mightily to the inherently limited genre of MOR music..."
- 1.Rainy Days and Mondays
- 3.Let Me Be the One
- 4.(A Place to) Hideaway
- 5.For All We Know
- 7.Druscilla Penny
- 8.One Love
- 9.Bacharach / David Medley: Knowing When to Leave / Make It Easy on Yourself/: Knowing When To Leave / Make It Easy On Yourself / Always Something There To Remind Me, (There's) / I'll Never Fall In Love Again / Walk On By / Do You Know The Way To San J
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Carpenters: Richard Carpenter (vocals, arranger, keyboards); Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums).
Additional personnel includes: Bob Messenger (reeds, bass); Douglas Strawn, Jim Horn (reeds); Joe Osborn (bass); Hal Blaine (drums).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Richard Carpenter (vocals, keyboards); Karen Carpenter (vocals, drums); Doug Strawn (reeds, keyboards, wind); Jim Horn, Bob Messenger (reeds, wind); Hal Blaine (drums).
Photographer: Guy Webster.
Arranger: Richard Carpenter .
The Carpenters' radio-friendly soft rock virtually defined the genre in the early 1970s, and this album--their third full-length--was the group's ace card. Following on the heels of the wildly successful CLOSE TO YOU, CARPENTERS features more breezy melodies marked by rich arrangements and beautiful lead vocals, courtesy of siblings Richard Carpenter and Karen Carpenter, respectively.
The record is most notable for two of the duo's strongest and best-loved singles. "Rainy Days and Mondays," written by soft-pop gods Paul Williams and Roger Nichols, is a bittersweet pop masterpiece fleshed out by Richard's string orchestrations and smoothly produced backing vocals, while Leon Russell and Bonnie Bramlett's "Superstar," from its melancholic verse to its dramatic chorus, is equally hard to resist. (Both songs showcase Karen's sultry alto.) The rest of the album includes Richard's bubble-gum pop originals, another Williams-Nichols tune ("Let Me Be the One"), and a medley of Burt Bacharach-Hal David tunes. Even more commercially streamlined than its predecessors, CARPENTERS is a classic of early-'70s pop.
CarpentersThe 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The...
$6.75 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)
$19.47 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Girl & Guy Groups (2CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE