D.C. Anderson All Is Calm, All Is Bright
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$11.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.29 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by D.C. Anderson ~ Our Story $13.38
- Released: May 8, 2002
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Lml Music
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Are You Burning, Little Candle
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Three Wishes for Christmas
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Christmas Island at Christmas Time
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Silent Night
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Infant Holy
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Winter, Fire and Snow
- $0.99 on iTunes7.When a Child Is Born
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Dickens Carolers
- $0.99 on iTunes9.A Marshmallow World
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Up on a Mayberry Housetop: Up on the Housetop / The Fishin' Hole
- $0.99 on iTunes11.I'm Gonna Be an Angel
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Hands
- $0.99 on iTunes13.The Rest of the Year
- $0.99 on iTunes14.The Ups Bell Carol
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Department Stores Mean Christmas to Me
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Heaven Can't Be Far
- $0.99 on iTunes17.O Joyful Children
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: D.C. Anderson (vocals, whistling); Steve Landau (vocals, piano); Jim Bullock, Claudia Anderson (vocals); Ritt Henn (whistling); Steve Bargonetti, Roy Zimmerman (guitar); Kathy Robinson (oboe); Lem Jay Ignacio (piano).
Audio Mixer: Dennis Drake.
Recording information: Bernie Becker Studio, Van Nuys, CA; Studio 900, New York, NY.
Photographer: D.C. Anderson.
Arrangers: Steve Landau; Richard Gray ; Roy Zimmerman.
A veteran of cabaret, musical comedy, and variety show stages, vocalist D.C. Anderson devotes his fourth album to the Christmas season. The play list is a combination of the familiar and unfamiliar, the traditional and the commercial, the old and the new, with the latter including some originals by Anderson. Anderson owns all those good qualities that make a successful cabaret singer; he picks songs that tell a story and he sings them in such a way that one can understand them. No sloppy diction here. He also knows how to pick accompanists, especially on piano, who are tuned to the nuances of his vocal style. Appearing on most of the tracks, Lem Jay Ignacio and Steven Landau fill that role admirably. On the play list, one of the less-familiar Christmas songs that is especially attractive is "Heaven Can't Be Far," with words by the Grammy-nominated lyricist Susan Birkenhead. Steve Bargonetti's guitar is essential to the success of this track. There's a change of mood, as the music becomes perky and bouncy on the upbeat "A Marshmallow World," where Ignacio shows why he's Anderson's most persistent accompanist. The cabaret singer's ability to deliver the songs wrapped in hallowed sincerity is useful on such traditional carols as "Silent Night." In this age of electronic creativity, Anderson reproduces himself, forming a choir of his voice on such tunes as "Are You Burning Little Candle." There's a bit of a Latin beat as Anderson describes the pleasures of "Christmas Island at Christmas Time." This album is for those who don't necessarily want to be limited to the old stuff, but appreciate new and unusual tunes dedicated to the celebration of Christmas. ~ Dave Nathan
Thanks For The Memories - A Special Holiday Ed. (CD)
99¢ on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!