Ed Ames The Very Best Of Ed Ames
|You Save:||$3 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- by The Ames Brothers ~ Hello Italy! / Knees Up! Mother Brown (And Other Funny Songs) ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by Roger Whittaker ~ Now and Then: Greatest Hits 1964-2004 ~ $9.27
- by The Ames Brothers ~ The Very Best of the Ames Brothers ~ $22.50
- Released: August 7, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Sony Music MOD
- 1.My Cup Runneth Over
- 2.Try to Remember
- 3.All My Love's Laughter
- 4.Time, Time (Tu as Beau Sourire)
- 5.They Call the Wind Maria
- 6.A Thing Called Love
- 7.Who Will Answer? (Aleluya No. 1)
- 9.Son of a Travelin' Man
- 10.Kiss Her for Now
- 11.There's a Kind of Hush (All Over the World)
- 12.Changing, Changing
- 13.Leave Them a Flower
- 14.When the Snow Is on the Roses
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Additional personnel includes: Perry Botkin, Jr., Al Capps, Artie Butler, Jimmie Haskell (arranger, conductor); Claus Ogerman (conductor).
Compilation producer: Paul Williams.
Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredeo.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of RCA's "100th ANNIVERSARY" series.
Liner Note Author: Joseph F. Laredo.
Arrangers: Jimmie Haskell; Al Capps; Perry Botkin, Jr.; Artie Butler.
The Very Best of Ed Ames might seem like a skimpy anthology with only 14 tracks, but it is an excellent distillation of this classic pop singer's solo recordings. Ames, having come from the barbershop-style Ames Brothers quartet, offered pop standards, continental pop, show tunes, and adult contemporary music on his solo albums, but his hits were mostly in a contemporary vein. The Very Best of Ed Ames covers most of Ames' big hits and concentrates on broadly appealing material like "My Cup Runneth Over" and the antiwar song "Who Will Answer?" Ames' foray into country music yielded a winner with his version of Jerry Reed's "A Thing Called Love," and a few of the cuts here are in a similar country-pop style. After the success of "Who Will Answer?," Ames attempted other message-oriented songs, like Wally Whyton's "Leave Them a Flower," to which he was not well suited; it would have been better if that track had been omitted in favor of one of his other big easy listening hits like "Timeless Love." Aside from that minor quibble, The Very Best of Ed Ames offers a fine retrospective of the mightiest baritone in pop music. [RCA released this collection only a year after the Taragon label licensed many of the same recordings for a 20-track Ed Ames anthology with the exact same title.] ~ Greg Adams
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 41 ratings.
Based on 41 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD-R:
- Gunsmoke, Volume 1: 16-Episode Collection (8-Disc) (CD-R) ~ $24.98 on SALE
- Charley Pride Happy Christmas Day (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Tanya Tucker Tanya Tucker's Greatest Hits (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE
- Gunsmoke, Volume 3: 16-Episode Collection (8-Disc) (CD-R) ~ $24.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis Better Together - The Duet Album (CD-R) ~ $11.98 on SALE