John Denver An Evening with John Denver (2-CD)
|You Save:||$0.50 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 20, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.The Music Is You
- 2.Farewell Andromeda (Welcome to My Morning)
- 3.Mother Nature's Son
- 8.Rocky Mountain Suite (Cold Nights in Canada)
- 9.Sweet Surrender
- 10.Grandma's Feather Bed
- 11.Annie's Song
- 12.The Eagle and the Hawk
- 13.My Sweet Lady
- 14.Annie's Other Song
- 15.Boy From the Country
- 16.Rhymes & Reasons
- 17.Forest Lawn
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Pickin' the Sun Down
- 2.Thank God I'm a Country Boy
- 3.Take Me Home, Country Roads
- 4.Poems, Prayers and Promises
- 5.Rocky Mountain High
- 6.This Old Guitar
- 7.Intro / Saturday Night In Toledo, Ohio
- 8.Follow Me / Leaving On A Jet Plane
- 9.City of New Orleans
- 10.Zachary & Jennifer / For Baby (For Bobbie)
- 11.I'd Rather Be a Cowboy (Lady's Chains)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Disc one contains tracks recorded at the California Universal Amphitheater in 1974 and comprises the original release of AN EVENING WITH JOHN DENVER. Disc two contains bonus tracks which were recorded at Red Rocks Park Amphitheatre, Red Rocks, Colorado on August 14, 1973.
Personnel includes: John Denver (vocals, guitar); John Sommers (guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle); Steve Weisberg (electric & pedal steel guitars, dobro); Dick Kniss (bass); Herb Lovell (drums); Hal Blaine (percussion).
Producer: Milton Okun.
Reissue producer: Paul Williams.
Includes liner notes by Michael Hill.
Digitally remastered by Bill Lacey.
"I've been looking forward to this for a long, long time," said John Denver during this live recording for RCA at the California Universal Amphitheater in August/September of 1974. He also tells the audience, most attentive to say the least, that he worked on his songs late into the evening on the beach's lifeguard stands the first time he arrived in California in the late '60s. The album begins with Denver's song of encouragement, "Farewell Andromeda." Then it's off to the races with the uptempo Beatles cover "Mother Nature's Son," which Denver receives much praise for playing. "Summer" takes the listener to their favorite vacation spot in the midst of a memory-filled season. A song about Denver's uncle, "Matthew," brings to the listeners a lesson "that joy is the thing you should be raised on/And love is just a way to live and die." Denver gives the audience his version of Jim Connor's "Grandma's Feather Bed," another crowd pleaser. As the record shows, the list of songs flows with a great emphasis on highs and lows, like the momentum of a roller coaster. A wonderful version of "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" ignites the audience, as does "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and his most well-known hit, "Rocky Mountain High." This is a must even for the casual John Denver listener. Only by fully taking in the music can listeners see his vision of good music and passion for protection of the environment. ~ Shawn M. Haney
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 7 (CD)(11)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 64 ratings.
Based on 64 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Tommy James & The Shondells Hanky Panky / Mony Mony (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE