The Beach Boys The Warmth of the Sun
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: May 22, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Capitol
- 1.All Summer Long - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 2.Catch a Wave - (Original 1963 Stereo Mix)
- 3.Hawaii - (Original 1963 Stereo Mix)
- 4.Little Honda - (Original 1964 Stereo Mix)
- 5.409 - (Original 1962 Mono Mix)
- 6.It's OK - (Original 1976 Stereo Mix)
- 7.You're So Good to Me - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 8.Then I Kissed Her - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 9.Kiss Me, Baby - (New Stereo Remix, Stereo Remix From Endless Harmony)
- 10.Please Let Me Wonder - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 11.Let Him Run Wild - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 12.Little Girl I Once Knew, The - (Original 1965 Mono Mix)
- 13.Wendy - (New Stereo Remix, New Stereo Remix)
- 14.Disney Girls (1957) - (Original 1971 Stereo Mix)
- 15.Forever - (Original 1970 Stereo Mix)
- 16.Friends - (Original 1968 Stereo Mix)
- 17.Break Away - (Alternate Mix, alternate take)
- 18.Why Do Fools Fall in Love - (Original 1964 Mono Single Mix)
- 19.Surf's Up - (Original 1971 Stereo Mix)
- 20.Feel Flows - (Original 1971 Stereo Mix)
- 21.All This Is That - (Original 1972 Stereo Mix)
- 22.'Til I Die - (Original 1971 Stereo Mix)
- 23.Sail on, Sailor - (Original 1972 Stereo Mix)
- 24.Cool, Cool Water - (1970 Single Version)
- 25.Don't Go Near the Water - (Original 1971 Stereo Mix)
- 26.California Saga (On My Way to Sunny Californ-I-A) - (Original 1972 LP Stereo Mix)
- 27.California Dreamin' - (Original 1986 Stereo Mix)
- 28.Warmth of the Sun, The - (Original 1964 Mono Mix)
The Beach Boys: Mike Love , Carl Wilson (vocals); David Marks, Dennis Wilson , Al Jardine, Ricky Fataar, Blondie Chaplin, Brian Wilson , Bruce Johnston .
Personnel: Dennis Wilson Quintet, Al Jardine, Blondie Chaplin, Brian Wilson , Bruce Johnston (vocals).
The Warmth of the Sun is designed to serve as a companion piece to 2003's Sounds of Summer: The Very Best of the Beach Boys, and as such, it is perfect. While that earlier volume contained most of the Beach Boys' biggest hits, the cornerstones of the catalog such as "I Get Around," "Surfer Girl," "California Girls," and "Fun, Fun, Fun," the follow-up is, in its own way, just as strong and just as enjoyable. In fact, while listening to it, a fan might wonder why the compilers in 2003 didn't just make Sounds of Summer a double album, include all of this material as well, and be done with it. Certainly, songs like "Catch a Wave," "409," "Surf's Up," "Wendy," and, of course, the title track are every bit as essential to a basic Beach Boys collection as any given track on the previous set. But The Warmth of the Sun not only stands tall by itself, some hardcore fans might prefer it, as some of the tunes on the first collection are so overexposed that there is little desire to ever hear them again. Gems included in this sequel, such as "You're So Good to Me," "Let Him Run Wild," "'Til I Die," "The Little Girl I Once Knew," and "Disney Girls (1957)" don't exactly have the high profile of "Help Me, Rhonda" or "Barbara Ann," but that's why it's so refreshing to listen to this set list: some of these great songs have been so neglected ("Friends," "Please Let Me Wonder," and "Kiss Me, Baby," for example) that they sound almost like lost hits in this context. Even the lack of material from Pet Sounds is a relief -- while that album is indeed one of the greatest ever recorded by anyone, and while "Caroline, No" should have been included on one volume or the other (it's not), anyone who needs to experience the Pet Sounds material should just buy that album anyway. There are by now literally dozens of Beach Boys comps available in as many configurations, but The Warmth of the Sun is one of the most enjoyable pure listening experiences among them. ~ Jeff Tamarkin
Frankie Valli / The Four SeasonsJersey Beat: The Music of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons...
KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Surfing USA: Featuring the Hits of The Beach Boys (DVD)
$1.58 on SALE
Rockin' in the USA: 22 Original Rare Television Recordings (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 39 ratings.
Based on 39 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE