The Rat Pack Live and Swingin': The Ultimate Rat Pack Collection
|You Save:||$2.50 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Dean Martin ~ In Concert ~ $14.98
- The Rat Pack ~ $4.98
- Rat Pack Collection (Four for Texas / Ocean's 11 / Robin and the Seven Hoods) (3-DVD) ~ $19.98 (Save 50%)
- by Frank Sinatra ~ Triple Feature (3-CD) ~ $9.98
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 14, 2003
- Label: Warner Strat. Mkt.
- 1.Fanfare Introduction
- 2.Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes / When You're Smiling / The Lady Is A Tramp
- 3.I Left My Heart In San Francisco
- 4.I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
- 5.Volare / On An Evening In Roma
- 6.Goody Goody
- 8.When Your Lover Has Gone
- 10.Please Be Kind
- 11.You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You
- 12.What Kind Of Fool Am I
- 13.Out Of This World
- 14.She's Funny That Way
- 15.Hey There
- 17.Brazil / You Are Too Beautiful / Cecilia (Does Your Mother Know You're Out) / Love Walked In / You Made Me Love You / Nothing Could Be Finer / Please Be Kind / Dancing With Tears In My Eyes / Maria / Try A Little Tenderness / Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- 18.I Can't Give You Anything But Love / Too Marvelous For Words / Pennies From Heaven / A Foggy Day / Embraceable You / The Lady Is A Tramp / Where Or When
- 20.Birth Of The Blues
- 21.Danny Thomas Introduction
- 22.Nancy (With The Laughing Face)
- 23.Me And My Shadow
- 24.Sam's Song
- 25.Birth Of The Blues - (reprise)
Full performer name: Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin/Sammy Davis Jr.
This release includes a bonus DVD.
Personnel includes: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr. (vocals).
Producers: Robert Finkelstein, Charles Pignone, Elliot Mazer.
Recorded live at The Villa Venice Night Club, Chicago, Illinois between November 26 & December 2, 1962. Includes liner notes by Bill Zehme.
In 2001, THE RAT PACK LIVE AT THE SANDS was released, a live album from the early 1960s capturing the onstage antics of notorious cohorts Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Jr., and Dean Martin. Two years later, THE ULTIMATE RAT PACK COLLECTION picks up where its predecessor left off. Disc One features a different live recording from the same era, capturing the trio in all their martini-swilling glory. The second disc is a DVD of another performance from a few years later. Even though the video finds the Rat Pack nearing the end of its tether in 1965, the chemistry and onstage dynamism is just as remarkable.
Both discs feature the three singers performing both alone and together, and engaging in plenty of clowning around with each other. The DVD is heavier on classic Sinatra tunes, but the first disc has even more Dean-and-Frank schtick. That said, the footage of Sammy running through "One for My Baby" in the styles of about a dozen different singers is an uproarious moment, and to see the three men in action together is to truly understand the nature of both their artistic powers and their personal appeal.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 53 ratings.
Based on 53 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!