The Band The Best of A Musical History
Only 8 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$17.08 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.90 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 24, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Who Do You Love?
- 2.He Don't Love You (And He'll Break Your Heart)
- 3.Can You Please Crawl out Your Window? - (Single Version)
- 4.Ain't No More Cane on the Brazos
- 5.The Weight
- 6.Orange Juice Blues (Blues for Breakfast)
- 7.King Harvest (Has Surely Come)
- 8.All La Glory - (previously unreleased, Early Version)
- 9.Stage Fright
- 10.I Shall Be Released
- 11.4% Pantomime - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Don't Do It
- 13.Life Is a Carnival
- 14.Slippin' & Slidin' - (previously unreleased, live, Live)
- 15.Endless Highway
- 16.Share Your Love with Me
- 17.Forever Young
- 18.Twilight - (previously unreleased, Song Sketch)
- 19.Home Cookin' - (previously unreleased)
The Band: Allen Toussaint (horns); Rick Danko, Roy Buchanan (bass instrument); Garth Hudson, Levon Helm, Richard Manuel, Robbie Robertson, Ronnie Hawkins, Van Morrison, John Simon, Bob Dylan.
Personnel: Levon Helm (vocals, guitar, mandolin, drums); Bob Dylan (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Robbie Robertson (vocals, guitar, piano); Rick Danko (vocals, guitar); Richard Manuel (vocals, piano, electric piano, drums, hand claps); Ronnie Hawkins, Van Morrison (vocals); Garth Hudson (accordion, organ, keyboards); John Simon (electric piano).
Audio Mixer: Patrick MacDougall.
Recording information: A&R Studios, New York, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Bearsville Sound Studios, Bearsville, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Bell Sound Studio, New York, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Big Pink, Saugerties, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Capitol studios, Los Angeles, CA (01/1963-??/1976); Columbia Studios, New York, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Gold Star Studios, Los Angeles, CA (01/1963-??/1976); New York, NY (01/1963-??/1976); Robbie Robertson's House, Malibu, CA (01/1963-??/1976); Sammy Davis Jr.'s Pool-House, Hollywood, CA (01/1963-??/1976); Shangri-la Studios, Malibu, CA (01/1963-??/1976); The Festival Express Train Tour, Calgary, Alberta, Cana (01/1963-??/1976); Village Recorder, West Los Angeles, CA (01/1963-??/1976); Woodstock Playhouse, Woodstock, NY (01/1963-??/1976).
Photographers: Bob Cato; Elliott Landy.
Arranger: The Band.
The sprawling and beautiful 2005 box set A MUSICAL HISTORY featured five CDs as well as video footage of the Band, and remains the definitive documentation of the beloved folk/rock/country ensemble. This one-disc heavily truncated version of the box set functions as a perfectly acceptable retrospective in its own right, with 19 chronologically ordered tracks (including songs by the proto-Band outfit the Hawks, and a few sung by Bob Dylan) and five video clips dating between 1970 and 1974. All the hits are here, as well some live tracks and song sketches.
Tower of Song: An Epic Story of Canada and Its Music (DVD)
$5.98 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Freddy Cannon Have A Boom Boom Christmas!! (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists The Best of Christmas: 25 Original Hits by the Original Artists (Disc 3) (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE