- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 14, 2004
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Kino Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
- Director's Notes
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Filmographies: Michael Cacoyannis
- Still Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Based on the tragedy by Euripedes which tells of the woeful plight of the women of Troy who were treated as spoils of war. **No longer available.
Euripides' classic tragedy brought to the screen by a star-studded cast of actresses. Hecuba, queen of fallen Troy, leads this ensemble of women in their passionate, proto-feminist condemnation of war and its atrocities. The widowed Andromache; the deranged Cassandra; even the beauteous Helen, catalyst of the destruction, are all victims, in different ways, of the terrible aggression between the Greeks and the Trojans.
Ancient World |
- Color by Eastmancolor.
- Shown at the Cannes Film Festival (not in competition) May 22, 1971.