Hawkwind Doremi Fasol Latido [Bonus Tracks]
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Parlophone (Wea)
Spin - p.66"[The album] really makes their sound-effect generators zoom."
Q - 7/96, p.1383 Stars - Good - "...rocks harder and sounds truly astronomical..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 6/96, p.121"...digitally remastered and lovingly repackaged by EMI Premier, [DOREMI FASOL LATIDO is] complete with extra tracks and loads of squinty eye memorabilia..."
- 1.Brainstorm - (studio)
- 2.Space Is Deep - (studio)
- 3.One Change - (studio)
- 4.Lord Of Light - (studio)
- 5.Down Through The Night - (studio)
- 6.Time We Left This World Today - (studio)
- 7.Watcher, The - (studio)
- 8.Urban Guerilla - (studio)
- 9.Brainbox Pollution - (studio)
- 10.Lord Of Light (Single Version) - (studio)
- 11.Ejection (previously unreleased Version) - (studio)
Hawkwind: Baron Brock (vocals, guitars); Captain Nik (vocals, saxophone, flute); Lemmy The Lurch (vocals, bass, guitar); Del (synthesizer); Simon (drums); Dik Mik (generators, electronics).
DOREMI FASOL LATIDO is the third album by seminal British space-rock band Hawkwind.
Remastered with four bonus tracks.
Audio Remixer: Peter Kramper.
Doremi may not be Hawkwind's most renowned album, but it carries the same type of prog rock spaciness as their first two releases. Even though the keyboard playing is trimmed down just a tad, the introduction of Ian Kilmister, otherwise known as Lemmy of Mot”rhead fame, makes up for it. With Lemmy's hard-lined guitar playing and Del Dettmar's synthesizer stabs, tracks like "Space Is Deep" and "The Watcher" are infused with elaborate instrumental meanderings in perfect Hawkwind fashion. The longer tracks, both "Brainstorm" and "Time We Left This World Today," have Lemmy getting settled in the band's extraordinary milieu, but end up being the album's strongest cuts. There's a harder feel to the songs all the way through, with the guitar and drums coming to the forefront ahead of Dik and Mik's "generators" and "hot electronics." Doremi is the inaugural album for drummer Simon King, and with guitarist Dave Anderson and percussion man Terry Ollis now departed, Hawkwind still manages to muster up a firm intergalactic space-metal atmosphere...only with a more rugged thrust. ~ Mike DeGagne
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 19 ratings.
Based on 19 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE